Just ordered ZS ARB, is this right?

ep82

OK

More Q's :oops:

arbeeeeeeeeeeee1.jpg

Are these the right places to install the ARB to?

1 = bolt the L bracket to

2 = attach the drop link here?

So does this look right or is it completely wrong?

arbeeeeeeeeeeee3.jpg

The other thing is I checked the Haynes manule and they showed a pic which is slightly different to my car.

arbeeeeeeeeeeee2.jpg

The arrows shows where the stock ARB should attach to the car. but I havent got those holes. as you can just about to see in pic 1

4x 14mm :)

So is it just Any 14mm bolts? my friend said something like close thread or something like that??..??..

does the 14mm bolts go through the L brackets onto the underside of the car? ( 1. on the first pic?) because I read that you need a 10mm bolt for the drop link hole

Yeah. I'v seen that guide. but I just wanted to make sure mine is all at the correct places

I pop down to autobitz today and tried to get some bolts. I told the guy 14mm but he wasnt sure that would fit. He has given me a M10 and M8 to test fit to the hols and those were too big. is there a technical name for these bolts I am looking for?

if not then I will have to go to honda and ask

You do have the MG one as the drop link are different IIRC.

Right, you need an M10x60mm ish with nylock nuts for the droplink to TCA link and i believ M8x25mm ish for the bracket to bodywork(the "ish" is for the lengths,a little longer is fine, shorted probably not great) I had to run a tap down my bodywork holes as they were so gunked up. The M8s looked so far from going in until i ran the tap then they were bog on.

Roughly speaking (but not always) M10s have a 17mm head and M8s have a 13mm head. M6s have a 10mm head but that is not the case with flanged bolts as commonly found on cars.

Its also quite a twist fitting and you have to flex the bar to get everything to line up. I think the holes on the TCA were to close in but that is because the suspension was at full travel which is not usual. Also, remember to fit both sides at the same time as its an ARB ;)

• 4 weeks later...

hi i just went to fit my ZS arb and found out i have a little problem one of the bushes that is in the drop link is loose its rattleing about

so can i get away with the honda standard one or pay £25+ for a new one or do u think if i get a shorter drop link (that is also easy to get hold of)

i would put some more pre load on the arb to make it stiffer i am sure i read about this once ?

Archived