Coilovers

EKLewis

Ok guys, the time is almost here for me to get some coilovers for my Aerodeck, i am struggling to find any to fit though, can anyone reccomend/advise where to go for them and what ones? I have save up about £600 so can get some pretty good ones I hope. My car is a W plate 2000 1.6SE if that helps??

Cheers :)

If you are after coilovers then fitment wise, EK coilovers fit perfectly. As the M civic has slightly longer shocks you will have a slight increase in "drop". So to speak. MisterR coilovers are designed for hondas. A couple of my mates have them and rate them very well. Also for that price you could get some BC coilovers or some second hand cusco. Hope this kinda helps you out

Cheers for all the positive replies guys, I'm very tempted by the Meister R's, they seem very cheap but very popular here and on civiclife. I didn't know the ek shocks where shorter, does this mean even with the coilovers on their highest setting it'll still sit lower?

They are only 25mm shorter than the M civic ones nothing really to worry about. I ran EK coilover on my MB and it was fine but I did run mine as low as I could possibly go.

I am going to get BC coiliovers for my car and I can choose the spring rate I want and damping settings.

I wouldn't worry about the difference in size in the shock length. It just saves you going lower and you can keep the spring in tension as well

Yeah boi, I saw your car it was dumped as anything, super low :) :). I wanna be tucking tyre on the front and a few mm higher at the back just to give it a little rake :) And yeah I hear very good things about BC's from my friend who works at Rogue, they use them on all their track cars. Out of interest, how much is it costing to have that setup for you?

Am sure a place in falkirk called pro grip do a fast road setup for £60. But correct me if I am wrong. I would advise to go for handling and not looks. I had mine setup just to be low and it did handle good but not to full potential.

They are only 25mm shorter than the M civic ones nothing really to worry about. I ran EK coilover on my MB and it was fine but I did run mine as low as I could possibly go.

I am going to get BC coiliovers for my car and I can choose the spring rate I want and damping settings.

I wouldn't worry about the difference in size in the shock length. It just saves you going lower and you can keep the spring in tension as well

what ek shocks did you buy mate. just so i know what to search for, for my mb6

Archived