alloy/steel crank pulley anyone fitted one??gain or not?

noodels

i have read bad thing about these pullys

unless you realy know what your at

id say light waight alloys would be a better idea for speed and handling

Guest Daz81

The standard Honda crank pulley has a Harmonic dampner fitted in side and is balanced along with the crank and flywheel in manufacture.

Swapping your crank pulley for a lightened item could cause an imbalance on the crank and thus causing bottom end failure.

IMO the best option for using an lightened crank pulley would be to have it balanced with the crank, this however isnt a cheap process.

Losing weith from the crank has + sides, faster spin up and less rotating mass, but it also has down sides in loss of inertia.

I doubt 8bhp could be found personally but thats just me being sceptical, fwiw loosing the pas belt gains 5bhp accross the board (tested on a dyno) loosing the PAS/AC/Alternator we saw 11bhp gain on our race engine.

Daz

thanks for that didnt think they had damper!oh well glad i stoped order!intresting 5hp ac though pity couldnt get alternating current from elsewhere ?wind turbine! ha! ha! exhaust gas!lost energy ect :)

http://www.atiracing.com/products/dampe ... mhonda.htm

looks good dont know how much though? :P for road car ?saves about 1pound =2hp :evil:

Archived