Steering problem?

WilkesyMB6

Ok so for a week i have had my new wheels on. I havent really drove the car but last night i had to pick a mate up. Once i get over 50 if i turn the wheel slightly it feels like im driving on ice, there is like a delay in the steering. Im not comfortable driving it at speed at the moment, im going to check the wheels are on right but i did do them up with a torque rench.

Any ideas people?

Ill take it ,it did not feel like this with your old wheels on ? i would start by checking the wheels , then if it no better take them off and put your standard ones back on and try it again if the problem is still there ,at least you know its not the wheels , after that check the suspension for problems and last of all get the wheel alignment checked . Rich.

im thinking that i dont remember seeing spigot rings on the alloys, would this case that feeling? If so do you think that the ones fro my old wheels would be the correct diametre?

May course you problems if the wheels are not on in the centre ,as long as the rings fit the hubs and fit in the centre of your new wheel , you have no problem using your old ones . Rich.

As i thought, there wasn't any on the new wheels, so im guessing thats what it must be.

So does anyone know what size they are for VTi-S Speedlines? I tried to measure them but wasn't sure what dimensions i needed.

GOOGLE IT MAN

is your car lowerened

if so get your castor checked might it be the new tyres on the alloys

new tyres feal different and on top of that new alloys changes the steering id say

GOOGLE IT MAN

is your car lowerened

new tyres feal different and on top of that new alloys changes the steering id say

Thanks for shouting, i couldnt here u back here

GOOGLE IT MAN

is your car lowerened

Caster angle will not make the car fell like its on ice as the caster angle is what brings the steering wheel back to centre , its camber that will make the biggest differance to handling , but when you lower a car the camber goes more negitive and there for handle better not worse , i do share your throughts on the tyres though , if they are new them will take time to scrub in do some miles on them and see if they get better . Rich.

Archived