another problem!!! wtf is going on?

ep82

Oh right :shock:

I was going to ask if it was safe to leave it...... I might leave it for a bit longer. mayber 2 long trips to see if it still making the gauge jump around! if it doesnt then I know earthing worked and the old stat was faulty.

need to ask tho. can someone tell me why does bad earth makes the temp gauge jump about?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh right :shock:

I was going to ask if it was safe to leave it...... I might leave it for a bit longer. mayber 2 long trips to see if it still making the gauge jump around! if it doesnt then I know earthing worked and the old stat was faulty.

need to ask tho. can someone tell me why does bad earth makes the temp gauge jump about?

Im not sure of the answer Chi but on one of my previous cars it did the same. The temp gauge would go up and down until it earthed properly then it would settle at the correct reading. Took ages to figure it out, and the cause was i had the gearbox rebuilt and where it earthed it was mounted on the paint of the box. Once we sanded it back it was fine and i never had a nother problem!

Im not sure of the answer Chi but on one of my previous cars it did the same. The temp gauge would go up and down until it earthed properly then it would settle at the correct reading. Took ages to figure it out, and the cause was i had the gearbox rebuilt and where it earthed it was mounted on the paint of the box. Once we sanded it back it was fine and i never had a nother problem!

Archived