slammed b20 deck /gone now/

prezes

Guest Daz81

We most certainly will cover the cost of any issues.

As im sure most are aware teething problems can occur its part and parcel to tuning cars unfortunatley.

It certainly WONT be a head stud issue, as the ARP's were torqued and are always checked 3 times by 2 different people.

I drove the car 60 miles to Michals with out a hitch, no over heating of any sort and it drove perfect.

My money is on the Thermostat tbh and may be a split hose, the milky residue under the cap can be down to condensation (it is an alloy engine after all and will sweat) Problem with 10+ year old Honda rubber hoses is over time they become soft and split easy, and when a conversion is under taken the loosening, removal and re-fit of pipes can cause small splits to occur etc, obviously we check for leaks etc but they may not have occured until the long drive to Michals.

Anyhow regardless of the above, We do cover all our work and my Mechanic James will be travelling over to Michals house this afternoon to check the car over and diagnose the problem, we will then fix it as per our warranty.

The engine was Compression and leak down checked when first fitted and we have these results recorded, james will re-test when he goes to veiw and this will help determine if we have a HG problem.

I am sure Michal will keep all informed.

Daz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It certainly WONT be a head stud issue, as the ARP's were torqued and are always checked 3 times by 2 different people.

Daz, I mentioned the stud issue as it happened to me on a previous motor, not because the settings were not checked & double checked, but because turned out my torque wrench had gone belly up! Obviously I didn't notice till 100 miles later and it started to have major temp issues :)

Hope it is something simple :D

I have to confirm that I'm very happy with Darren support. James is working on the car outside my house now. I'm affraid to look out through the window in case my engine will be on fire :P

I truly hope it will be the thermostat.

Michal

iT HAS JUST BEEN SORTED. It was the Thermostat. All this stress...

I have to say, what a great, great service does DNR provide. I never had dealings with anyone who will come out and try to sort outside your house next day and if not will take the car and sort what's needed. Without any hassle or complaining. And they do know what they're doing.

So maybe you'll get those vids in the end ;)

Archived