slammed b20 deck /gone now/

prezes

Hello everyone

I have decided to start my project thread /bored at work :P - hope my boss won't read that ;d/. I always was a Honda Freak, used to own preludes eg's etc. But as I now have a 36 months old daughter there was a need for a spacious car but one that will be a pleasure to drive. The choice was obvious - MC2! I bought the car in March 2009 in Birmingham.I fell in love in it since I found it on gumtree but it took 3 days of hard negotiations before I got it. It came with d2 coilovers, b&m short shifter, decat, 4" backbox and in pearl green paintjob.

Unfortunately after 4 weeks of great pleasure the problems started. Engine was turning over but not starting randomly, kept cuting off while driving and did not want to start. I have done what I could - full service, sensors what ever the fault codes were showing. And although my first though was the distributor but for some silly reason I've ignored it. Bills from garages where piling up and no effect. On top of it I found that one of the coilovers was leaking. I had to take the car of the road for 3 months to sort the problems out. After the dizzy was replaced by a garage in a town next to mine and was driving back home the brake pipe burst and i lost all my fluid while doing about 70 mph. That was one of the most scary moments in my life when I tried to apply the brake and the pedal just went down to the floor. Managed to stop using the gearbox but I hope it won't ever happen to me again. When the car was sorn I refurbed a set of 17" oz polaris, then the car got a set of Koni Sport suspension and the D2 was out to be refurbed. If that was no enough I asked to set the koni susp on the lowest setting which ended up being impossible to drive as a set of brand new t1r's would've been eaten by the arches. So I had to pay yet again to get the suspension adjusted. Following that I had the goodridge brake lines fitted with front and back EBC grooved & drilled discs + green stuff pads. All the belts were done with the suspension as well.

Car was back on the road in October 2009. And what a pleasure it was to be back in it. It was not the end of problems though. I since went through two driveshaft which shatered while pulling off the lights. Then a set of HID's from xszone was fitted with gearbox fluid replaced. Windows tinted. Now even on the highest setting the suspension caused my passanger side front tyre to be cut into bits by the wheel arch so replaced once /looks like it's going through it again now/. As far as I remember mods that followed were kv85 spark plugs leads, rear ARB from mb6, and tegiwa imports whale p***s intake in carbon kevlar. Then the petrol tank was found to be leaking so that had to be replaced, while doing so the fuel pump pipe was damaged... Then we had the Recaro's fitted with 5zigen 2.5" manifold fitted with 2.5" MIJ custom exhaust system with sport cat, MOMO Honda SRS steering wheel and black backed headlamps. I have then color coded my cam cover and got a matching carbon kevlar spark plug cover with some other cosmetic add ons. I also had the vtis kit fitted and sprayed. I had a hole cut out in the bumper to get more air into the engine bay. I have also managed to replace the broken drivers side fog light.

I probably missed quite a lot of things I've done to the car since I had it.

I also have the stage 3 ceramic clutch waiting to bo fitted with a lightened flywheel and deposit paid to DNR for a b20 conversion in the next 2-3 weeks! I will also attempt to get the dash done in 3m di noc carbon in the upcoming days.

I'll try to get some pics up and update the post as things come back to me. I have lost faith in the car once or twice with all the problems but now I'm very happy and I know it was well worth to replace everything, customise the car the way I like it.

aero.jpg

civic.jpg

IMG_20100912_133814-1.jpg

SPEC:

Exterior -

16' OZ Superturismo GT Alloys

Vti-s front lip

vti-s side skirts

vti-s rear lip

Rear Mid spoiler

Custom Black headlights

Clear side repeaters

Tinted windows all round

Hid kit - bixenon 6000k

Custom made grill

Induction hole in front bumper

205/45/16 Dunlop SP Sport 3000 all round

Gold rocker cover

Carbon spark plug cover

some washers etc to keep engine bay tidy

Flyeyes kit front and back

Interior -

Front door cards flocked in black

Tegiwa red stiched gear gaitor

EK4 vti-s gear knob

Recaro seats on recaro rails

Carbon wrapped interior

Plasma dials

Needle painted in uv red

Blue led custom switch lights

JDM ek9 MOMO steering wheel with airbag

Mugen pedal set

Suspension/brakes -

D2 Racing sport coilovers all round

Skunk2 Pro Series Front Camber Arms

BuddyClub p1 Racing Rear Camber Adjusters

GOld Blox LCA's

rear mb6 anti roll bar

H brace

Carbon C-Pillar brace

Carbon front upper strut brace

EBC Turbo drilled and grooved discs all round

Brembo brake pads

Goodridge stainless brake hose kit

Polybushed engine torque mounts

ENERGY-SUSPENSION Shift Stabiliser Bushing

Engine/Exhaust -

B20 Vtec /with b18c4 head/

Stage 3 ceramic 6-puck clutch

lightened flywheel

Blox Intake manifold

Teg throttle body

Password:JDM gold cam seal

s80 LSD gearbox 4.4fd

5Zigen 4-2-1 2.5" Manifold

MIJ Performance 2.5" full stainless steel exhaust with de-cat and 4" slash cut backbox

Magnecor KV85 leads

Tegiwa Carbon Whale p***s Intake

DC2 dual bend shifter

Custom made airbox

D1 Spec oil catch tank

Audio -

Pioneer DEH-P700UB headunit

Hertz Esk165 in the front door with tweeters

Pioneer gm-x562 2x130W amp

standard speakers in the back

JBL bass tube

320 gb hard drive with tunes

Aircon Delete

1"£££

$££"!!

Michael

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone

I have decided to start my project thread /bored at work :P - hope my boss won't read that ;d/. I always was a Honda Freak, used to own preludes eg's etc. But as I now have a 36 months old daughter there was a need for a spacious car but one that will be a pleasure to drive. The choice was obvious - MC2! I bought the car in March 2009 in Birmingham.I fell in love in it since I found it on gumtree but it took 3 days of hard negotiations before I got it. It came with d2 coilovers, b&m short shifter, decat, 4" backbox and in pearl green paintjob.

Unfortunately after 4 weeks of great pleasure the problems started. Engine was turning over but not starting randomly, kept cuting off while driving and did not want to start. I have done what I could - full service, sensors what ever the fault codes were showing. And although my first though was the distributor but for some silly reason I've ignored it. Bills from garages where piling up and no effect. On top of it I found that one of the coilovers was leaking. I had to take the car of the road for 3 months to sort the problems out. After the dizzy was replaced by a garage in a town next to mine and was driving back home the brake pipe burst and i lost all my fluid while doing about 70 mph. That was one of the most scary moments in my life when I tried to apply the brake and the pedal just went down to the floor. Managed to stop using the gearbox but I hope it won't ever happen to me again. When the car was sorn I refurbed a set of 17" oz polaris, then the car got a set of Koni Sport suspension and the D2 was out to be refurbed. If that was no enough I asked to set the koni susp on the lowest setting which ended up being impossible to drive as a set of brand new t1r's would've been eaten by the arches. So I had to pay yet again to get the suspension adjusted. Following that I had the goodridge brake lines fitted with front and back EBC grooved & drilled discs + green stuff pads. All the belts were done with the suspension as well.

Car was back on the road in October 2009. And what a pleasure it was to be back in it. It was not the end of problems though. I since went through two driveshaft which shatered while pulling off the lights. Then a set of HID's from xszone was fitted with gearbox fluid replaced. Windows tinted. Now even on the highest setting the suspension caused my passanger side front tyre to be cut into bits by the wheel arch so replaced once /looks like it's going through it again now/. As far as I remember mods that followed were kv85 spark plugs leads, rear ARB from mb6, and tegiwa imports whale p***s intake in carbon kevlar. Then the petrol tank was found to be leaking so that had to be replaced, while doing so the fuel pump pipe was damaged... Then we had the Recaro's fitted with 5zigen 2.5" manifold fitted with 2.5" MIJ custom exhaust system with sport cat, MOMO Honda SRS steering wheel and black backed headlamps. I have then color coded my cam cover and got a matching carbon kevlar spark plug cover with some other cosmetic add ons. I also had the vtis kit fitted and sprayed. I had a hole cut out in the bumper to get more air into the engine bay. I have also managed to replace the broken drivers side fog light.

I probably missed quite a lot of things I've done to the car since I had it.

I also have the stage 3 ceramic clutch waiting to bo fitted with a lightened flywheel and deposit paid to DNR for a b20 conversion in the next 2-3 weeks! I will also attempt to get the dash done in 3m di noc carbon in the upcoming days.

I'll try to get some pics up and update the post as things come back to me. I have lost faith in the car once or twice with all the problems but now I'm very happy and I know it was well worth to replace everything, customise the car the way I like it.

aero.jpg

civic.jpg

IMG_20100912_133814-1.jpg

SPEC:

Exterior -

16' OZ Superturismo GT Alloys

Vti-s front lip

vti-s side skirts

vti-s rear lip

Rear Mid spoiler

Custom Black headlights

Clear side repeaters

Tinted windows all round

Hid kit - bixenon 6000k

Custom made grill

Induction hole in front bumper

205/45/16 Dunlop SP Sport 3000 all round

Gold rocker cover

Carbon spark plug cover

some washers etc to keep engine bay tidy

Flyeyes kit front and back

Interior -

Front door cards flocked in black

Tegiwa red stiched gear gaitor

EK4 vti-s gear knob

Recaro seats on recaro rails

Carbon wrapped interior

Plasma dials

Needle painted in uv red

Blue led custom switch lights

JDM ek9 MOMO steering wheel with airbag

Mugen pedal set

Suspension/brakes -

D2 Racing sport coilovers all round

Skunk2 Pro Series Front Camber Arms

BuddyClub p1 Racing Rear Camber Adjusters

GOld Blox LCA's

rear mb6 anti roll bar

H brace

Carbon C-Pillar brace

Carbon front upper strut brace

EBC Turbo drilled and grooved discs all round

Brembo brake pads

Goodridge stainless brake hose kit

Polybushed engine torque mounts

ENERGY-SUSPENSION Shift Stabiliser Bushing

Engine/Exhaust -

B20 Vtec /with b18c4 head/

Stage 3 ceramic 6-puck clutch

lightened flywheel

Blox Intake manifold

Teg throttle body

Password:JDM gold cam seal

s80 LSD gearbox 4.4fd

5Zigen 4-2-1 2.5" Manifold

MIJ Performance 2.5" full stainless steel exhaust with de-cat and 4" slash cut backbox

Magnecor KV85 leads

Tegiwa Carbon Whale p***s Intake

DC2 dual bend shifter

Custom made airbox

D1 Spec oil catch tank

Audio -

Pioneer DEH-P700UB headunit

Hertz Esk165 in the front door with tweeters

Pioneer gm-x562 2x130W amp

standard speakers in the back

JBL bass tube

320 gb hard drive with tunes

Aircon Delete

1"£££

$££"!!

Michael

Sits really nice mate,nice n low looks tasty,manifold looks the busy mate they bigger headers than standard what size?you say 2.5 is that from head to cat?if so think will have to mod mine,thinking of try-y hytech ones!! 4-2-2-1 type notice midrange change with 2.5 ? but still performance with 2.5 ?affective as is?

well done for hanging on to it/ the mishaps ect,you will have ironed out the problems and will get there ,why do it for someone else bennifit??as car is looking lovely @mo

scary mo with brakes i bet!!!! fkin nighmere!!!!!!bad dreams gone now i hope!!!

ps think rolling your arches for rubbing might help!!!!

Sits really nice mate,nice n low looks tasty,manifold looks the busy mate they bigger headers than standard what size?you say 2.5 is that from head to cat?if so think will have to mod mine,thinking of try-y hytech ones!! 4-2-2-1 type notice midrange change with 2.5 ? but still performance with 2.5 ?affective as is?

well done for hanging on to it/ the mishaps ect,you will have ironed out the problems and will get there ,why do it for someone else bennifit??as car is looking lovely @mo

scary mo with brakes i bet!!!! fkin nighmere!!!!!!bad dreams gone now i hope!!!

ps think rolling your arches for rubbing might help!!!!

Hi, thanks for your comments. It's 2.5" from the head to the tip. it's a 4-2-1 mani and you can feel a great improvment. And it's a definate difference. Car picks up much much better low down and go smoothly through the mid range. On the pics it's how it looked a year ago. On 15' wheels and d2's. It's sitting higher now. I loved it as it was but it's a daily drive so had to lift it.

As for the paintjob I love it to bits. I've not seen a second one in this colour. Green yes but not pearl.

Michael

Hi, thanks for your comments. It's 2.5" from the head to the tip. it's a 4-2-1 mani and you can feel a great improvment. And it's a definate difference. Car picks up much much better low down and go smoothly through the mid range. On the pics it's how it looked a year ago. On 15' wheels and d2's. It's sitting higher now. I loved it as it was but it's a daily drive so had to lift it.

As for the paintjob I love it to bits. I've not seen a second one in this colour. Green yes but not pearl.

Michael

Archived