Jun ecu??

Vti-s mayhew

Your vtec is already at 4500 rpm .

its the manifold that gives you the 6000 rpm change in noise .

Its only worth get a vafc 2 if you put a skunk 2 manifold on and then you are going to need a ecu and mapping .

If you want to get your car to work like all the other vtec systems you are going to be looking at least £1000 , and at that money i would live with it

A s80 gearbox from the teg is a great mod as the gear is differant and you do not have the lag between vtec in first and second .

Rich.

Ok thanks rich, so with the bits that i have whats the most sensible way to get a little more power without going crazy with the cash??

Tubular manifold

de cat with magniflow centre pipe and supersprint back box

Soon to have the tegiwa air filter

If its a case of ecu and re-map how much for a decent set up?

So if im understanding this right the vtec actually starts working at 4500 rpm and then the pitch change happens at 6000 and thats when you get this cam changeover type thing that i dont really understand. Do you get a little extra pull at 6000 aswell or is it literally just noise?

P.s sorry for all the questions rich bet your glad i joined!! :lol:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your vtec is already at 4500 rpm .

its the manifold that gives you the 6000 rpm change in noise .

Its only worth get a vafc 2 if you put a skunk 2 manifold on and then you are going to need a ecu and mapping .

If you want to get your car to work like all the other vtec systems you are going to be looking at least £1000 , and at that money i would live with it

A s80 gearbox from the teg is a great mod as the gear is differant and you do not have the lag between vtec in first and second .

Rich.

Ok thanks rich, so with the bits that i have whats the most sensible way to get a little more power without going crazy with the cash??

Tubular manifold

de cat with magniflow centre pipe and supersprint back box

Soon to have the tegiwa air filter

If its a case of ecu and re-map how much for a decent set up?

So if im understanding this right the vtec actually starts working at 4500 rpm and then the pitch change happens at 6000 and thats when you get this cam changeover type thing that i dont really understand. Do you get a little extra pull at 6000 aswell or is it literally just noise?

P.s sorry for all the questions rich bet your glad i joined!! :lol:

Question are how we all learn mate ,

Vtec = cam change and that happens at 4500 rpm (this open the valves more and for longer ). At 6000 rpm there are a set of butterflys in the inlet manifold that open and give you more noise and power as the manifold is fully open .

All things like exhaust manifolds and exhausts ,decats ,air filters will all help the engine work better there for up the power , (no need for a remap)

If i had £500 to spend i would go for the s80 gearbox from a teg as you have no drop off the butterflys between 1st and 2nd , it makes a differance of a second 0 to 60 .

Managment is only needed if you have gone turbo or have done a big n/a build .

Rich.

Question are how we all learn mate ,

Vtec = cam change and that happens at 4500 rpm (this open the valves more and for longer ). At 6000 rpm there are a set of butterflys in the inlet manifold that open and give you more noise and power as the manifold is fully open .

All things like exhaust manifolds and exhausts ,decats ,air filters will all help the engine work better there for up the power , (no need for a remap)

If i had £500 to spend i would go for the s80 gearbox from a teg as you have no drop off the butterflys between 1st and 2nd , it makes a differance of a second 0 to 60 .

Managment is only needed if you have gone turbo or have done a big n/a build .

Rich.

Archived