Jun ecu??

Vti-s mayhew

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you can use a Apexi Vafc2 ,but you will only be able to control the 4500 rpm change as that is vtec on the mb6 the 6000 rpm change is the butterflys in the inlet manifold , so as all ready stated to get a true 6000 rpm vtec you need to change the inlet manifold to a single stage. Rich.

So if i just change the inlet manifold it'll drop the vtec down to roughly 4500 rpm? This really is all im after im not interested in reving to 9200 rpm like that jun ecu stated just think the vtec is set to high.

Next question is where will i find me one of those and how much are we talking, is there any other model one's or rover ones that will fit?

Thanks for all your help guys by the way! ;)

you can use a Apexi Vafc2 ,but you will only be able to control the 4500 rpm change as that is vtec on the mb6 the 6000 rpm change is the butterflys in the inlet manifold , so as all ready stated to get a true 6000 rpm vtec you need to change the inlet manifold to a single stage. Rich.

So if i just change the inlet manifold it'll drop the vtec down to roughly 4500 rpm? This really is all im after im not interested in reving to 9200 rpm like that jun ecu stated just think the vtec is set to high.

Next question is where will i find me one of those and how much are we talking, is there any other model one's or rover ones that will fit?

Thanks for all your help guys by the way! ;)

Your vtec is already at 4500 rpm .

its the manifold that gives you the 6000 rpm change in noise .

Its only worth get a vafc 2 if you put a skunk 2 manifold on and then you are going to need a ecu and mapping .

If you want to get your car to work like all the other vtec systems you are going to be looking at least £1000 , and at that money i would live with it

A s80 gearbox from the teg is a great mod as the gear is differant and you do not have the lag between vtec in first and second .

Rich.

Your vtec is already at 4500 rpm .

its the manifold that gives you the 6000 rpm change in noise .

Its only worth get a vafc 2 if you put a skunk 2 manifold on and then you are going to need a ecu and mapping .

If you want to get your car to work like all the other vtec systems you are going to be looking at least £1000 , and at that money i would live with it

A s80 gearbox from the teg is a great mod as the gear is differant and you do not have the lag between vtec in first and second .

Rich.

Archived