shall I decat?? Questions...

ep82

I can only say again. It will be louder with a decat and cruising will give your child a headache :/ I liked how it sounded myself but tbh after a 140 mile cruise I was fed up as well.

To sum up:

- if you drive a lot on the motorway - not worth it;

- if you mostly drive around the town etc. - go for it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a round trip to Poland couple of months ago with a decat and trust me it hurts. If you can have your music quite loud it's fine but... you cant because of the baby. Although I noticed it's loudest between 3-4.5k rpm so if you exceed 100 mph /on german motorway or private road of course - it seems easier to stand. Probably because you're about to exceed the speed of sound hahah :P

Hi there all

I de-cat'ted my VTI a couple of months ago and am now regretting it, ive got a stainless four branch and toyo sports exhaust, with one of the ebay adjustable decats (45 quid and see click on my build thread for details) its a great bit of kit, really well finished, but now my car is so loud!!!, as said above as soon as you get to 4.5k the increase is tenfold, i did hudds to santa pod last month and by the time i stopped, my ears were ringing, and...if your going to be giving your cars the beans the fuzz will hear you before they see you too....just as a warning, i got the blue lights from a car going the oppisite direction, so i did the right thing and kept going.

My cats going back on when i can be bothered spinning the flange round and welding it up :)

Cheers J

Archived