shall I decat?? Questions...

ep82

Been thinking of Decatting... but there is a few things I need to consider. any advice?

1. after decat, Will the car be louder? say at 70mph just crusing along? I need to know this because my car is loud enough for my baby!! I know it will go up abit but how much?

2. I am on a budget so anyone got any good plcae where I can get one from?

3. I have a custom long life exhaust so I guess that they made the exhaust cat back......so is that mean I can still find a cat for MB6 civic and it will fit straight on? (as they never touched the cat) Direct replacement and no farting about?

Going back to 2, instead of buying one, will it be easier to get long life to build one as it's basically a straight pipe?

I really want that racey Honda rasp but will I get it just decat and exhaust? or will I need the mani too?

sorry for the stupid questions, I have done all this before on my other cars but they are mainly turbo so I need to know about NA's

Thanks

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1: Much louder! 30% i reckon from prvious civics! Buy a recaro child seat like mine, has speakers in the hearrests :)

2: Millions of used ones on ebay, or exhaust places can usually do the for 50-60 quid!

3: Decat will reduce the backpressure a touch, so when you add a manifold too, you can here a bit of valve slap etc...

Decat is usually enough to get the car rasping :)

+1 put my cat back in also no noticable +/- difference in power to noisy torque +!! /i would put sport cat on mate best of both!!

or just leave as in save your $ !!

regarding mani the one on is better than loads of manis them honda peeps do know what they are doing!!its easy to get caught in the tweek trap i am trying to hold back its easy to undo all the hours of test ect @honda development tested componants :shock: spending £600 on intake?map /p28/+£ss is just not worth 3hp+less torque :shock:

handling is best upgrade £/per second lap times 8-)

what you could do with is a ecv (exhaust control valve)

http://www.neweraparts.com/desktopmodul ... D=0&mid=-1

http://www.neweraparts.com/desktopmodul ... =-1&mid=-1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/APEXI-67 ... ccessories

it means when your little baby is in the car, it can be quite

:twisted: and when baby is at home mr deck can shout :lol::twisted:

just spoken to my mechanic friend and he said it will be more raspier but not that much louder.

I dont know what to do now. I want it but if it's too loud then it's wasted money. After hearing his eg, I just want 1 bad!

anyone got any tested/trusted one for thic civic? link please :)

Archived