DOHC VTech Decal

Mebz

Hey up gents . . . . . . . & ladies of course

Just bought the VTech DOHC rear door decal for under 20 quid, from main dealer (made my day), what a bargain. I'm sure I've come across sites which suggests the decals 80-100 quid, maybe it was a dream?

Anyway any tips on how I should fit it, cleaning agents to use etc etc, or you reckon I should take it to a body shop.

I had to replace the rear passenger door, so there's no issue with taking the old decal off

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread now, but to take the old decals off, just use the edge of a blunt old credit card. but be careful not to damage the lacquer. You may want to heat the area with a hair-dryer first. Then, polish (T-cut) any paint imperfections out, as the paint underneath the old decal may be shinier than that around.

Re-wash the whole area, stick the new decals on.

If you're ordering from eBay, make sure you get the correct size. I ordered and actually got some bigger ones (actually it makes the car look better, and they still fit on 1 door). I went for red, and have also painted the Honda badges red, and have debadged my VTI-S badge. Best £10 (including postage) I ever spent on the cosmetics of the car.

If you want to de-badge your VTI or Civic badges, the only thing that will work is "label remover". The pen version works best, and is inexpensive, and doesn't damage your lacquer. I originally tried steaming the glue off, hairdryers, etc etc and nothing worked, believe me.

If you want to de-badge your VTI or Civic badges, the only thing that will work is "label remover". The pen version works best, and is inexpensive, and doesn't damage your lacquer. I originally tried steaming the glue off, hairdryers, etc etc and nothing worked, believe me.

Yup, the glue is a bitch to get off! :shock:

• 1 month later...

if you are going to use a credit card i would advise using some baby shampoo mixed in water in a spray bottle( and to be technical use johnsons ;) ) i know this as i used to do window tints a few years ago :D

the water and baby shampoo provides a good lube so you wont scratch the paint and also there isnt any contaminants into to damage paint. . . . oh and it smells like sooo good lol :lol:

• 4 months later...

I ordered it few days ago at my local Honda dealer. My car was involved in a small crash which ended up in dent on the rear doors and the company that fixed it for me just didn't care to order it. They messed up few more things and I just didn't want to put my car in their messy hands again so I bought it myself. Still waiting on the delivery, but it will cost 27 gbp including the VAT. (My 2007 EPC shows 17,72 EUR excluding VAT) So if you need one just go to your local dealer and buy it there. Cannot believe some can dare to sell the non original copies that expensive.

And btw some time ago I was dealing with the problem of removing the sticky sticky glue from a sticker (was on some mirror that my mom bought) and found out that the ArctiClean Thermal Material Remover works like a charm. It is used on thermal compound (thermal paste) on your CPU - to clean it when changing the heatsink on your cpu. I am always amazed how great this stuff works. Since some of the thermal pastes after curing get rock hard (or they are very sticky) this completely liquidizes them and you just wipe it off with a paper tissue. That mirror that I used it on for my mum had some clear protective cover and after peeling it off there was a lot of glue there left. I have tried many household cleaning stuff and not a chance. Than I tried this ArctiClean and it worked like magic. It makes the glue almost liquid again (actually more like a gel) and it stops sticking completely as it is somehow neutralized. Just put few drops and spread it around and let it work for a minute. Spread it with something that will not absorb the acrticlean liquid, I just used a plastic stick from the hygienic sticks that has cotton wool on the ends (not sure what they are used for, maybe cleaning ears) since I just wanted something that will not scratch the mirror and will not absorb the arcticlean liquid. On a car I would probably use something even softer, probably a finger in a cleaning glove would be all you need. After first go it was almost completely clean of the glue, but I repeated it 2 more times to have 100% clean surface. Remember it only uses few drops and this small bottle has lasted me many years already of repeated use and still almost full. I know it will work very good and will not damage the paint (since it only contains natural based solvents) and costs as low as 4 quid in cheaper computer stores. Also if you build your pcs yourself you will have another use for this great product. I guarantee you will not believe your eyes when you see how good this product works.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arcticlean.htm

ArctiClean 1 Thermal Material Remover:

ArctiClean 1 uses a proprietary combination of non-toxic biodegradable solvents to emulsify thermal greases or thermal pads. The citrus and soy based solvents in ArctiClean 1 match or exceed many hazardsous and volatile solvents such as fluorinated and chlorinated organic solvents, acetone, MEK (methyl ethyl ketone), mineral spirits, isopropyl alcohol, and toluene.

• 4 months later...

Archived