My Mental Low cost project

Sega

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to decide what you want this car to do (road racing not being an option ;) ), be it fast road,track, 'ring wagon or whatever.

The main performance things you can do are to sort out the wheels and tyres, brakes and suspension. Then you need to think about weight (it's light for a 5 door but heavy compared with an EG or EK).

Engine wise you would be surprised;-

http://www.dodo-upgrades.nl/

I want it to be a fast road car that will perform well on the track when asked of it.

Performence mod wise though its going to have to be kept to a minimum due to the whole insurance thing. Ive seen a 5 door SR in carmen red that looked pretty much near what I wanted mine to look like bar the rusted rear arch as I think it was being used as a delivery vehicle for a take away in Caister.

I also wouldnt mind adding a side graphic, not everyones cup of tea but something I like the look of. Atm Ive not yet found a gtraphic that I like aswell as can afford.

Thanks for the site btw, fingers crossed the D14A2 isnt too different to the A3 and A4.

The d14a2 is different; you already have a 15hp head start, multipoint fuel injection and a side entry intake manifold. The panel filter is also a good move.

Graphics are not really my bag but styling wise-

Good;

http://www.autoholic.de/bild/Honda-ma8-15833.html

Bad;

http://www.maxrev.de/honda-civic-ma-mb- ... art,20.htm http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3137970

(imho :) . Styling mods are easier on insurance, however nothing will make people question you value to society more than driving around in something that resembles a decepticons head made out of fibreglass!

Looks like I picked the right Motor :D

I agree with you on the first link, on the 2nd link the Dragon Graphics looked good but the twit did the lexus light thing which imo looks god awful, they only suit the lexus.

The 3rd link acctually looks like its not even a kit for that car :lol:

Im not going for some fibre glass monstrosity, the closest to a body kit Id go would be a lip kit but no more. I dont mind race spoilers but I prefer the more subtle ones on Civics. Ill probs do a sketch up at some point, basically just picture a Fully colour coded civic with a mesh type R style grill and spoiler, possibly a graphic with stickers related to parts on the car and a decent set of wheels.

Engine swaps and suspension upgrades will have to wait until Im 21.

Clean as in paint or dirt? Thats mid way to needing to be washed for me, the interior is still quite dirty though as I cant get the Hoover out to it atm.

as in dings an scratches!

goin for the whole 'street racer/bit battered' look, honest :?

They are there just not visable in the photos, theres a lovely trolley ding in one of the rear doors and theres scratches all over the place, plentyful over the drivers door handle as the lady who had it before me must have had some rock on her finger :shock:

Jinxed myself and nearly ended up with an ex-Civic :( I drove into the back of some poor woman's golf earlier. I was in pain and very angry over some stuff at the time so I wasnt paying attention fully and went to move off when the car in front hadnt moved (was at a roundabout). The Bumper is wrecked on my car and the bonnet was dented, we got the worst of the dent out and Ive nearly finished my new bumper. The golf got a gouged and scraped rear bumper which Ive agreed to pay for as it was entirely my own fault. It was on a trip for me to pick a birthday cake of all things which I didnt do as there was nothing I liked. Dam wish I could go to the festival now too, getting blind p**sed whilst listening to Metallica and co would have cheered me right up after this happening and the money being stolen.

Archived