thinking of changing my cars mind!!!

james

right what up ?

i have a few questions, all ecu :cry: boaring i know.. yawn yawn ;)

can i get my ecu chiped..........will it see me much power and mpg increase

what is a cheap but reliable change with standerd engine

looking for a bit of power, you know? and mpg :)

thanks!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as i know there are no plug and play ecu's for a mb6 ,the standard ecu is not remaperable as all the after market chips need a p28 board and the mb6 does not have one you need a p28 ,p72 or pr4 ecu socket it and fit a chip such as chrome for hondata and then have it mapped to your car / mods ,

On a standard car its not worth the cost as you are look at around £500 min for ecu ,chrome and map and around the £900 for hondata ecu and map . There is no cheap way of mapping an mb6 im sure the gains would be small . Rich.

Like Rich says, Well worth it if it's a proper one and you've done the engine stuff to back it up!... But thats muchos pennies!

Best thing mate, get the breathing sorted, don't worry about anything else till that's done!

Cold air, Throttle body, inlet manifold, Exhaust manifold, & decat / hi flow...

Then ignition & fueling. Brains are generally (for me at least) the final step in the process. The standard brains are clever enough to 'cope' with the mods.

Think it's blowing money if you do them first, as the more changes you make, generally, the more times you gotta remap etc!

You could probably do all the above (and more), with reputable brands, for the same price as a Hondata ECU!

i understand that now john ;)

so i shall do thanks

bbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttt are you talking about a piggy back or a totaly different ecu :?

Either mate. Piggyback's 'work' but, generally just by confusing the readings sent to the ECU from the sensors.

They still need the same treatment as a full ecu, as in, need optimising for your individual car. There is no real, plug and play device for ECU's.

hav a look here guys, whats he on about, jes i was a mechanic and dont have a clue what hes on about.

its a air fuel controller

http://www.dtdirl.com/forums/private.ph ... mid=867285

is this a better option for me???

is that a fair price0 €150 is £130 and €280 is £150 :)

Archived