Squeezing out the last of those little hidden ponies...

edwardm

Right guys,

Mods are now as follows:

1. Cold air/long arm induction kit (opened it up considerably and no problems with bumper muck as of yet).

2. Decat with cat back system including centre box and back box (again, opened it up even more, pleased with the sound too).

3. Removed TB coolant feed (marmite mod, probably doesn't affect it, but can stay as it is for the time being).

These mods were followed by a good service including fuel filter, air filter (clean), oil filter, oil change and spark plugs. I also changed the gearbox oil as my syncro's are completely dead. An ECU reset also seemed to help bring VTEC and IAB back slightly.

My question is, in terms of N/A power and performance, what mods can i do now? I have the Y21 gearbox waiting to go on and i will team it with a lightweight flywheel. I have considered HT leads, exhaust manifold etc although a lot of people seem to say don't mess with these as the standard items are good enough. I haven't really considered inlet manifold and throttle body though, what is available in terms of inlets/TB's?

I have various braces ready to fit also, as well as purchasing the koni kit at the end of the month (although i know these aren't performance mods).

Thanks

So it's gotta be a socketed P30 ECU then? Any respectable well known national outfits that can do this?

Also, as for the standard airbox, i didn't feel a lot of difference either way tbh, no major gains or losses. I'm sure it doesn't help low down, but once you're running i think it probs helps a little having an open filter.

N/a engine builds cost big money and the best you will ever get is around 250 bhp .

you could go on to:

1. A type r head ( that way you have all the type r cams valves and retainers needed to rev higher and better vtec ,single stage and you get over the inlet manifold problem ).

2. Forged high comp pistons

3.All new bearings and gaskets , seal

4.s80 gearbox is a must .

5 , Also a must ecu and remap

All this things will cost alot of money but if i had to pick one i would go for the s80 gearbox , 1 second off you 0-60 time .

Rich.

I think about it this way. The lower ratios give the equivalent of 23% extra torque to the wheels.

Putting that into N/A power, you'd have to add 50 ponies and 30lb ft of torque to get the same effect.

One costs £500, one costs £3000 :D

Then, after the box is changed, every time you add any extra poines, you'll actually be getting 23% more effect :D

Archived