Rear Tyre Wear

scottravenhill

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you can adjust the camber on the rear but didn't think there was adjustment on the rear for track. The bolt that sets the camber is set to the middle on both at mo. Anyone know if that's what it should be? Car isn't lowered by the way. I've had it tracked but only fronts were adjusted to match rear.

I use a local garage in Swindon mate. Full optiline service with .000 mm accuracy :D

Cool printout though :D

thats what I ment mate, imperial tyres near george white do all that. Cost a fortune tho :(

I know you can adjust the camber on the rear

no you cant chap

the arm at the front of the rear trailing arms controls toe not camber, the arm that joins from the rta to the inner arch is the camber arm and is non adjustable from the factory...toe kills tyres not camber

if its set in the middle its prob a mile out...get a properly done geo check as if you have had it tracked and the rear is out then the front will be a mile out as well due to basic tracking being set off the rear wheels

Its will be because you have lowered it so therefore you have lots of - camber , And at the same time it lowering changes the toe to , every lowered m series i have seen has been wearing tyres on the rear , you need to get rear adjusterable camber arms and have the suspension geom checked by a 4 wheel system .

Rich.

Hi rich its not lowered. I thought the adjustable nut on the rear was for camber? as when we adjusted it once it pushed the bottom of the wheel in, meaning it is sitting more vertically straight. rather than it lookin like its standing there with its legs open.

Archived