Rear Tyre Wear

scottravenhill

If you have moved that one mate thats why you have mad tyre wear , the toe will be a mile out on the back , The camber arm is the top one that goes from the trailing arm to the body at the top , you can get adjusterable ones of them . Then you can set up the back end 100%. Rich.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont waste money on adjustable camber arms, most alinement places that know hondas will be able to adjust the rear camber by adding washers between the inner arch and the camber arm...this is a well known method in the honda world for bringing the rear camber back in line on the cheap and is used by honda on eps due to dodgy camber from the factory

-2.5 degrees would have given tyre wear on the front that is for sure , that is well ott ,if a wanted good tyre wear i would go for a -1.0 degree camber all round on a street car , If you were setting it up for the track and tyre wear did not matter i would go into the -2.0 degrees + on camber . Rich.

At the end of the day if i had a car with those readings at work i would be putting suspension parts in it as something would be bent/damaged . No road car has a -2.5 degree camber .

Im not saying you could not have it like that But if you want the best from the tyres stick to standard spec's

Rich.

I use a local garage in Swindon mate. Full optiline service with .000 mm accuracy :D

Cool printout though :D

thats what I ment mate, imperial tyres near george white do all that. Cost a fortune tho :(

I know you can adjust the camber on the rear

no you cant chap

You in Swindon then Ryan? You should Try Bells in Old Town!

They not the cheapest around, but are by far the most trustworthy garage I've ever used! I've been going there for 10 years so I'm on 1st name terms with them all. Tell them John (the geordie bloke with the Honda's) sent you in and they'll look after you :D Last time they charged me £60 for the Optiline!

no, but not far away.

I've decided to leave getting the 4 wheel allignment stuff sorted till the roads I used daily aren't like a 4x4 track lol. It gets knocked out so quickly its unreal.

I got mine done and within a few days I could feel it was out of allinment alsready :(

Both tyres was wearing badly before adjusted. moved only 1 as it was set to one side and the other was in the middle.was having a trailing arm bush replaced at the time and mentioned the wear and garage just did the adjustment. Also had just put new rims on so wanted to see how they would wear. There is about 2cm width of tread on the inside that wears excessively and the.outside looks normal/new. Can anyone recommend a decent clued up alignment place in midlands? I just dont wana end up goin somewhere with equipment but none of the know how if u get what I mean. Thanks for all the advice aswell guys.

I would say bring it to my place as i could get it done for £25 + vat , but yours is broken and cannot be fixed so we are waiting on a new one coming , so at the min we are sent all your geom checks up to Britannia tyres in hinckley town centre until we get the new one in and sorted , they are charging us about £75 if they need adjusting .

Rich.

Archived