Hesitation when cold

IceMan

and on the subject of lambdas either working or not

not true, we m owners run 4 wire heated lambda sensors, sometines the heater side of them fails causing the lambda to think the car is up to temp/not up to temp, keeping car running on basic ecu parameters depending on which way the sensor has failed (basically can have the car running in closed loop lambda one minute then swapping back over to open loop the next, one way will richen the fuel mixture causing poor fuel econemy and black smoke from the exhaust, the other way will lean the air fuel ratio off to much ,sometimes causing a full blown missfire(lean miss) or a small hessitation,usually under light throttle applications )

This is very interesting for me to read. My car stays on full choke for a very long time when cold. Even when the temp guage has started to climb the engine is still running well over 1k rpm. It doesnt drop below 1k rpm until the engine is at normal operating temp.

I also get the jumpy hesitation at part throttle, but it carries on even when the engine is warm.

Finally! (lol) I was driving along today, gave her a toe full and at about 6.5-7k rpm the power completely cut for a split second or so. Then bang! back to full power again! What the **** is that all about?!

Any advise appreciated, thanks guys! 1"£££$££"!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and on the subject of lambdas either working or not

not true, we m owners run 4 wire heated lambda sensors, sometines the heater side of them fails causing the lambda to think the car is up to temp/not up to temp, keeping car running on basic ecu parameters depending on which way the sensor has failed (basically can have the car running in closed loop lambda one minute then swapping back over to open loop the next, one way will richen the fuel mixture causing poor fuel econemy and black smoke from the exhaust, the other way will lean the air fuel ratio off to much ,sometimes causing a full blown missfire(lean miss) or a small hessitation,usually under light throttle applications )

This is very interesting for me to read. My car stays on full choke for a very long time when cold. Even when the temp guage has started to climb the engine is still running well over 1k rpm. It doesnt drop below 1k rpm until the engine is at normal operating temp.

I also get the jumpy hesitation at part throttle, but it carries on even when the engine is warm.

Finally! (lol) I was driving along today, gave her a toe full and at about 6.5-7k rpm the power completely cut for a split second or so. Then bang! back to full power again! What the **** is that all about?!

Any advise appreciated, thanks guys! 1"£££$££"!

seems to be loads of people having problems with lambda at the minute.

maybe they last about 12 years or summit?

well apparently lambda not used at full throttle so your power loss is more probably ignition related.

have you changed plugs, dizzy cap and rotor recently? maybe thats a good place to start.

possibly your whole dizzy is on the way out though, but maybe wait see if it becomes more frequent before you do anything about it.

Archived