thinking of going boost!

integraz

guys dnt have alot off money so iam thinking to bolt on a turbo and run it at low boost,what will i need to do should i do this or not???cause i was thinking to change the intake,exhaust manifold,cams,gearbox,and getting it tuned,it would cost round about £1200,so if iam gn spend oney like that and not gain that much power,whats the point and if i do a bolt on job and do what i need to do and keep it at low boost.give me some ideas guys.cheers

waste of money mate

i built a near perfect EG6 turbo running the DRAG gen3 kit from the states it was soo good and made good power 240bhp last rr , however seems alot of £££ to put out to run at 7psi on a FMU ect. if your going boost get it done proper forge the engine and get a decent turbo setup ie full race, peak boost AMS ect the all are top notch,

As most people on here know i have done loads of turbo stuff on mb's . a standard engine will take 10 psi all day long . if you were to run 7-8 psi it would last for ever and you would make around the 260 bhp mark .

Have a word with craigb on here he is in the middle of turboing his to run 7 psi im sure he will let you know witch is the best way to do it ,as will i ,if turboing is the way you want to go. Rich

but i only want to do low boost like 5-7 psi max nothing more as iam aware that will blow he engine,any more advice your welcome,dnt worry iam not gna get a crap turbo bolted on gna make sure its a good one also go to some1 who is a good tuner,any no some1 around lancashire area,cause iv got two people in mind there both on civiclife,gotboost and babybhp!

Archived