Progressively worsening clicking

graymathie

Alright guys not too sure if its right section but seemed pretty close.

Ive only had my mb6 2 weeks and covered approx 350 miles. Not exactly been driven hard i've got a foot set to 56mph lol.

Basically a week ago i heard a clicking coming from the front, as i was turning and pulling out of a junction. The speed of clicking increased as revs increased. I thought i'll get it checked out soon. So a week down the line ive not had it checked but its progressively got worse, can hear this clicking when turning and accelerating both directions at low-ish revs. Then tonight as i was leaving my space at work it started clicking and then when i went into 2nd it continued. Doesn't sound horrific and im not mechanic but shouldn't be making this noise.

Just wondering if anyones got any ideas of what it posssibly is or is likely to be. Try narrow down my options as its not the easiest thing to determine where it comes from lol. Was going to give a garage bell in the morning an book it in, but would be decent if i had a vague idea.

Any help muchos appreciated,

Cheers

G.

Alright guys not too sure if its right section but seemed pretty close.

Ive only had my mb6 2 weeks and covered approx 350 miles. Not exactly been driven hard i've got a foot set to 56mph lol.

Basically a week ago i heard a clicking coming from the front, as i was turning and pulling out of a junction. The speed of clicking increased as revs increased. I thought i'll get it checked out soon. So a week down the line ive not had it checked but its progressively got worse, can hear this clicking when turning and accelerating both directions at low-ish revs. Then tonight as i was leaving my space at work it started clicking and then when i went into 2nd it continued. Doesn't sound horrific and im not mechanic but shouldn't be making this noise.

Just wondering if anyones got any ideas of what it posssibly is or is likely to be. Try narrow down my options as its not the easiest thing to determine where it comes from lol. Was going to give a garage bell in the morning an book it in, but would be decent if i had a vague idea.

Any help muchos appreciated,

Cheers

G.

Easy enough to fit mate. The LSD in the MB6 can confuse the noise too. As it transfers power between the front wheels, it won't necaserrily only happen round a corner in certain directions! :)

Jack the car up, turn the steering hard one way, then rotate the wheel. If it's clicking at low speed by free turning it, I'd say CV joint ;)

Easy enough to fit mate. The LSD in the MB6 can confuse the noise too. As it transfers power between the front wheels, it won't necaserrily only happen round a corner in certain directions! :)

Jack the car up, turn the steering hard one way, then rotate the wheel. If it's clicking at low speed by free turning it, I'd say CV joint ;)

• 2 weeks later...

second person , check for debris caught between the disc and the disc gaurd

first person, inner cvs tend to make the car vibrate, outer cause a click, for some reason on the mbs both cvs tend to go at the same time, also the click is almost immpossible to hear when the car is jacked up, 2 new cvs(outers ) sorted mine

Archived