Replacement Clutch

WilkesyMB6

i had an LUK clutch fitted about 4 weeks ago very impressed to say the least. Cost a little more than those 2 but very happy with it. Also got 3 year garuntee with it aswell and good job as the factory they make them is about 10 mins drive away lol

Where did you get your LUK clutch from? Also how much was it if you dont mind me asking?

i had an LUK clutch fitted about 4 weeks ago very impressed to say the least. Cost a little more than those 2 but very happy with it. Also got 3 year garuntee with it aswell and good job as the factory they make them is about 10 mins drive away lol

Where did you get your LUK clutch from? Also how much was it if you dont mind me asking?

Got it from a local motor factors, most should stock it as they are quite a big name when it comes to clutches. i think it was £130 plus vat which made it about £156. Mechanic said it was direct fit and had no problems what so ever. Tried to get a Borg and Beck one at the time as my mechanic uses them all the time and has no probs across a good range of cars but they were out of stock in the uk.

Got it from a local motor factors, most should stock it as they are quite a big name when it comes to clutches. i think it was £130 plus vat which made it about £156. Mechanic said it was direct fit and had no problems what so ever. Tried to get a Borg and Beck one at the time as my mechanic uses them all the time and has no probs across a good range of cars but they were out of stock in the uk.

Cool :)

Did you change the thrust bearing at the same time? Some say do and some say dont?

I hope to be replacing my S9B with an S80 in the next month. So as the box is going to be off want to do my clutch as well. I did think about replacing the flywheel but I’m running low on funds so more than likely won’t lol.

I just want an oem or slightly better. I was offered a stage 3 clutch but it’s a daily driver so refused that.

I think oem Honda ones are something like £220 plus vat. I called Unipart and they do a Blueprint ADL one for £137 plus vat. Has anyone had any experience with those clutches? Are they any good etc?

If not does anyone else have any preferred ones? I may be able to get one from a mate who works in the gearbox trade, but i haven't spoke to him yet.

r8 mate

ive recently fitted a blue print clutch kit to my mc2 and so far so good .

as for the flywheel if its not cracked or woarped it should be good to go again .

but if there is a small amount ov damage you can have it skimed and re balanced but do take on board

that this will effect the load clamp preasure a little but shouldnt be that noticeable .

if anything it should be better as u will have more surface contact thus less slip !!

Archived