ECU for MB6?

Shaddow

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aah, good to see Scott from H-Tune on here, was in contact with him today regarding ecu's. While I await his reply to my further questioning, maybe I can get some more views from people on here.

What are the main drawback going from an obd2 to an obd1 ecu? Is there much diff between the P28, P30 and P75? Or are they all pretty much the same?

Thanks for the help and info all!

Aah, good to see Scott from H-Tune on here, was in contact with him today regarding ecu's. While I await his reply to my further questioning, maybe I can get some more views from people on here.

What are the main drawback going from an obd2 to an obd1 ecu? Is there much diff between the P28, P30 and P75? Or are they all pretty much the same?

Thanks for the help and info all!

For the most part they can all be changed to do the same things, like adding vtec or IAB control.

The only drawback changing from the stock PK9 ecu to OBD1 is that you lose the stock immobiliser, but some of the tuning solutions have their own built in immobilisers. The neptune RTP I just sold had a a programmable immoboliser built in, so you could set it so for example once the key was at one click you had to pump the clutch twice and press the A/C button or the car wouldn't start.

Alternatively aftermaket alarms can have their own immobiliser systems.

AFAIK, The only time you actually need a specific ecu is for an automatic you need the P75 but only one tuning programme can handle that.

For the most part they can all be changed to do the same things, like adding vtec or IAB control.

The only drawback changing from the stock PK9 ecu to OBD1 is that you lose the stock immobiliser, but some of the tuning solutions have their own built in immobilisers. The neptune RTP I just sold had a a programmable immoboliser built in, so you could set it so for example once the key was at one click you had to pump the clutch twice and press the A/C button or the car wouldn't start.

Alternatively aftermaket alarms can have their own immobiliser systems.

AFAIK, The only time you actually need a specific ecu is for an automatic you need the P75 but only one tuning programme can handle that.

Archived