ECU for MB6?

Shaddow

Thank you very much for the info.

With the IAB control, I understand it is required for the stock intake manifold, but are they still required if using a aftermarket manifold? Thinking of getting the Skunk2 Intake Manifold.

Also, as for the immobiliser, ~I had a aftermarket alarm fitted, and they guy was going to fit the immobiliser that goes with the alarm, but after some fiddling, he said he left the honda immobiliser on as it was as good as the one he would fit. So my question really is, would I still loose my immobiliser, or would that now be under the control of the new alarm system?

(system is an autowatch Cat1)

Thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any good car alarm installer shouldnt be telling you that. Although hondas system is good as you can imagine a cat 1 is much much sfare option. also he should have had no problems with fitting the immobiliser if he was good at what he does. I have just had a viper 480xv fitted with 3 point immobilization so including the oem immobilizer car should be a pig to start if they get past the warn away system, shock and tilt sensors. by removing the stock ecu and going obd1 you will lose part of the immobilizer so although the ecu isnt immobilized you stil have to have a key to match the immobilizer box to get it to start. hope this clears a few things up.

Archived