still using oil!!

jallen69

hi guys,

since owning my car i've noticed it's been using a bit of oil, so i've given it a good service!!

but still it bloody drinks the stuff, im having to put in about a litre every few hundred miles or so.....

it's doen't kick out that much smoke, always a bit of white smoke when i'm sat idling. but ain't spoted any blue from both idle and v-tec, well i little!! but not enough to contrbute to the usage of oil!!! :shock:

i've took a ride in "knights" car the other night and noticed that when in vtec he hits IAB it give a nice kick that you can feel, but mine doesn't :(

could this be what is causing it to smoke? from not functioning properly?? or any other component that can cause the engine to use so much oil?!?!?

when i do hammer it tho, there's is a always the smell of buring oil.

i've checked for leaks, nothing is dripping onto the exhuast either, so where's the frecking stuff going!!

worst case i guess, is new rings and stem valves?? btw the engines now on 149,000

thanks

josh

hi guys,

since owning my car i've noticed it's been using a bit of oil, so i've given it a good service!!

but still it bloody drinks the stuff, im having to put in about a litre every few hundred miles or so.....

it's doen't kick out that much smoke, always a bit of white smoke when i'm sat idling. but ain't spoted any blue from both idle and v-tec, well i little!! but not enough to contrbute to the usage of oil!!! :shock:

i've took a ride in "knights" car the other night and noticed that when in vtec he hits IAB it give a nice kick that you can feel, but mine doesn't :(

could this be what is causing it to smoke? from not functioning properly?? or any other component that can cause the engine to use so much oil?!?!?

when i do hammer it tho, there's is a always the smell of buring oil.

i've checked for leaks, nothing is dripping onto the exhuast either, so where's the frecking stuff going!!

worst case i guess, is new rings and stem valves?? btw the engines now on 149,000

thanks

josh

my moneys on the rings ( im not a mechanic and dont know what the hell im on about half the time) but my dads rings where gone on his and your milage is very similar to what his was

did he get it fixed, if so how much did it cost him??

I blew the rings in my DC2, when you hit VTEC, it was like a smokescreen behind!

yea, mine is nothing like that!!

how much did it cost you to fix it btw??

thanks

josh

my moneys on the rings ( im not a mechanic and dont know what the hell im on about half the time) but my dads rings where gone on his and your milage is very similar to what his was

did he get it fixed, if so how much did it cost him??

I blew the rings in my DC2, when you hit VTEC, it was like a smokescreen behind!

yea, mine is nothing like that!!

how much did it cost you to fix it btw??

thanks

josh

Archived