Resonator box removal

FlunkyVTEC

I just received the K&N panel filter for my MB6 and want to fit it this weekend.

I have read somewhere that removing the resonator box helps improve performance. Has anybody here removed the resonator box and does anybody know the answers to the below questions:

• - What effect does removing the resonator box give sound wise?
    - Is there a noticeable difference in performance?
    - Does anybody know how to remove the resonator box (maybe something for the how to section)?

Hi mate. Yeah, I've removed mine on the MA civic, will be exactly the same as MB. The differences I got were noise, and thats about it! On saying that, the car sounds quiet as a mouse when driven normally, but sink the pedal down and around 2500rpm to about 5000rpm the car sounds like it's got an induction kit fitted! lol All depends how hard you put the accelerator down. If your light on the pedal, the engine sounds normal throughout the rev range. Also, it weighs quite a bit, so suppose losing it may give a bit of a gain that way.

Removal is best done with the front bumper off, as access to it is difficult with it on (though it can be done but is time consuming) Once the bumpers off, three bolts removes the resonator. Simples ;)8-)

Archived