window

safyanali786

just to update ma situation, i had to chnge the rubbers for the window allighnment and got the window correctly postiond, but the window still moves forward and backwards, it goes up and down without coming out of postion.

sounds like play in the mechanism . Take off your door trim panel and check its not the window channels first as they can be adjusted.

These were always a pain from new. :(

is it a hard job to change the rubbers

need mine done .how much are they off honda ??

Cant help with price , but quite easy to change rubber seal . wd40 or ideally silicone /rubber lube of some kind - spray this to new seal and old one . Wind down window pull out old seal , once lubed slide new seal down channels making sure it slides into glass . ( you might have to raise glass up and down to assist you) . Good luck. ;)

you have adjustment for the glass m8 . When looking at the door frame you will see 2 elongated holes with either 8mm or 10mm bolts undo these and grab the glass hold , keep the glass tight towards the rear of the frame , you should see the bolts move and retighten . Retry the operation moving window slowly checking ok . If the glass still comes out try adjusting again . (lub the rubbers helps) .

When you take the door trim off spray some water on the glue that holds the weather membrane on as this makes this nightmare stuff non sticky .

Good luck . (the mechanism can bend as well and really then is unserviceable.)

when ma mechanic was putting the rubbers in, he kept havin the problem of the window kept coiming out of place, so had 2 gt othrs to secure it in place and thn screw the window to the motr, took about just under an hour for such a small job. the wondow still moves slightly out nw but doesnt cum out of the rubbers, also i checked the old rubbers and it had cuts in thm.

Archived