B18C SPEC R Powered MB3

harVTEC

ok you have all the wiring you need then to run a dc2 engine. you have all the plugs as you already have a vtec equipped motor.

you might need to extend some wires to reach the itr sensors but apart from that id say you should be good with what you have.

Okay, thanks for the help. I have it written down :)

It is most appreciated.

harVTEC

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apart from the motor and gearbox you need:

The driveshafts, I think the spline pattern on the hubs are the same, but the B series ones are different length and have a half shaft.

Rear engine mount (like £20 from ek9srus.com)

Loom from any vtec b series. As far as I know even the vtec d series loom wont match. But can get from ek9srus or a scrappie for pretty cheap.

ECU

With the side engine mounts you may want to swap them for some polybushed ones as the d series has softer ones than b series, and the b18c from the DC2 will twist the balls out of the mounts at full chat.

HOWEVER!

Have you considered an H22 swap? That would be properly different :P More power and a decent amount more torque.

I have a friend selling the engine/box/loom/ecu/shafts/all ancillaries for peanuts. Its a rare as rocking horse poo red top as well, something like 212 to 225hp stock (I forget which)

To swap that in all you need extra is the mounts, and I guarantee the cost of all that will be less than the £2300 quoted to you for the B18c.

As an incentive it span the wheels of my mates prelude in 3rd :) Its the kind of torque you want!

Hello,

Thank you for that info, it's all stuff like that which I am counting on, all of the mount info was all new to me, so that is most appreciated. I can start to put together a shopping list now :D Thanks a lot.

I did consider a H22A7 swap (ATR) but read about all the driveshaft work etc, and that the engine sits very low in the bay. I am very tempted tho, they are very high powered. I am seriously reconsidering now :shock:

I will look into it mate, cheers for the help :mrgreen:

harVTEC

Archived