B18C SPEC R Powered MB3

harVTEC

Hi all,

I am looking to swap my engine next year, and would like to do it a bit differently. I am looking at fitting the B18CR from the JDM DC2 Type R, I know how brilliant this engine is, especially when run with the Mugen ECU :mrgreen: I can get the 1998 spec engine (the one with more torque, due to a different head) with the S80 gearbox and everything, minus the Exhaust manifold for £2300 from the boys at VTECDIRECT.

I want to fit this as opposed to the B18C4 as I like to be a little different, plus I've always wanted a DC2 and an MB so why not combine the two! :mrgreen:

But the big question.. Will it definately fit? And what additional parts will I require? So I can start ordering :D

Many thanks for any help or information :D

1"£££$££"

harVTEC

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tbh you would be better off buying the c4 engine and playing with it. would be cheaper and easily make the same power with the cash left over

the main thing you need to find out if the mounts are the same. also you will prob need the loom is this included in the price? also you might wanna check the difference in brake size as you might need them too or uprate yours

tbh you would be better off buying the c4 engine and playing with it. would be cheaper and easily make the same power with the cash left over

Hello,

Thank you, I would get the C4 but I really want to try something different :)

But thanks for the info buddy.

harVTEC

the main thing you need to find out if the mounts are the same. also you will prob need the loom is this included in the price? also you might wanna check the difference in brake size as you might need them too or uprate yours

Hi, yes that's one of the things I'm hoping this thread might help me with :) I don't think the loom is included, it shouldn't be a problem to source one though. Yes I plan on putting a Wilwood Big Brake upgrade (4-pot Dynalite) as my first mod.

Thanks, everything most appreciated.

harVTEC

Archived