MGZS 180 (V6) Suspension info

WilkesyMB6

My car had its MOT last week and there were a few advisories on my geometry.

Since changing from 17's down to 15's on 50 profiles it has dropped the car a lot more than i thought due to my deep skirts. I love the look of it that low, but me and my girlfriend go camping a lot and it’s just too low, and renting a car every time is too much! I don’t want to get coilovers unless they are Meister ones but i can’t justify spending £600-700 on them :(

So i was thinking of changing just my springs, but they can add up to over a £100. So i thought i would get some MGZS 180 ones, as they are stiffer and probably newer due to the ages of the cars, and also lower that standard. I think i need to change some of my bushes and also track rod ends also.

My questions are has anyone got any for sale?

Has anyone got them on their car with 15's and a pic of the drop?

I think they are a direct fit, apart from the strut and the spring do i need anything else? I.e. top mounts? Different bolts etc?

As it will all be off i will probably also change my ARB for a 180 one, so i wont have to replace the current drop links as they come with new improved ones?

Anything else I will need to look out for?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JonnyRicer had a full set mate ;) Should be straight bolt on!

MG ARB is wicked, only thing you need are the bolts to go through the drop links into the LCA!

Thanks mate, I think i need a new LCA on one side as it got a bit bent after hitting a kerb ages ago and i have never sorted it since :(

can i please have first dibs on your old/current springs :D i love the way your car sits ATM 8-) i'm guessing they're about 50-60mm drop? would look sweeeeet on my vti-s :mrgreen: i presume they should be fine over speedhumps with my lip :? only one way to find out :twisted:

can i please have first dibs on your old/current springs :D i love the way your car sits ATM 8-) i'm guessing they're about 50-60mm drop? would look sweeeeet on my vti-s :mrgreen: i presume they should be fine over speedhumps with my lip :? only one way to find out :twisted:

It goes over bumps fine, cant take it at 30mph+ mind like you can in modern cars lol (or rentals ;) )

It goes over bumps fine, cant take it at 30mph+ mind like you can in modern cars lol (or rentals ;) )

30mph over speed humps :shock: anyway im going to keep my eye out for your posts so i dont miss out on the springs :x never speed in residential areas, where any kid could run out anytime :roll: leave that to the max power boys....

direct fit 25mm lower, better dampingrear arb=no roll i paid £100 got local as mgzs 180 arb £30

good upgrade £130!!!!will get you mgzs breakers if you want?they race them!!

http://www.carpages.co.uk/go.asp?sessio ... 78593@4096

Cool do you have any pics of them fitted? Once i get them i will be ordering the ARB and getting it all fitted at once :D

Archived