VTEC Controlers!!! & VTEC Points!!!

knight

Right chaps me and a few people have been discussing about VTEC Controlers & changing VTEC points! So now who's got one? what make is it? what have you found to be the best or list the ones you have done and what they were like!

This is from my project post earlyer,,,

Right today i have read the bible :o about the apexi neo unit a have installed in my vti, so now i know exacly what i'm doing lol! in theory! :?:D so now will be changing my vtec points to see if i can get a better crossover points (& louder lol) :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Anyone who has changed theres please comment on it! so i can get some good info! ;)

My VTEC Controler,,

IMG_0132640x366.jpg

Btw,, On this one i can change high and low cam vtec points anyone else have the same apexi as me??? :D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

forgive the noob questions:

you say when the high and low cam, i thought it was either on or off vtec?

does it mean you can change when it goes on vtec and when it comes off: say at 8.5k or adjust when it comes off when de-cellerating?

Hi Knight,

I've got Apexi Neo as you do, I did try altering the vtec point but tbh you'd better tune it by dyno run. As the Neo only alters the vtec point and though you can adjust the air/fuel ratio to compensate the base map, the ignition timing may probably wrong.

I'm thinking to get someone tuned it properly on dyno. Will update you with my results later.

Also, here is my current A/F map which won't suitable for other's cars but just for your reference.

I play with the setting only by feeling so it won't bring the full potential until I get it tuned.

Hi Thr = 50%

Lo Thr = 15%

HVT Correction

1600 -1

3000 -1

3400 -1

3800 -2

4200 -2

4600 -1

5000 -3

5400 -3

5800 -2

6200 -3

6600 -2

7000 -2

7400 -3

7800 -1

yea I feel the same, perhaps we can share some thoughts during the meet!

But I need to work that day at 3pm, so if you want we can meet there bit earlier so we can try something on our blings blings haha.

Sounds like a good idea mate! :D you can have a play with my apexi at the meet and we will try and get a good setup 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!!

Yea I know so I'm actually planning to go for a dyno tune in Plymouth.

What I think is, I need to change the vtec point to the power flat spot intersections between lo/high cam, and tune the afr base on the dyno graph to give maximum performance output.

But adjust based on my feeling, i feel the vtec point is best left unchanged and run a bit lean throughout the rev range does give some more glunts and "save" a bit of fuel when driven harder haha.

Yea I know so I'm actually planning to go for a dyno tune in Plymouth.

What I think is, I need to change the vtec point to the power flat spot intersections between lo/high cam, and tune the afr base on the dyno graph to give maximum performance output.

But adjust based on my feeling, i feel the vtec point is best left unchanged and run a bit lean throughout the rev range does give some more glunts and "save" a bit of fuel when driven harder haha.

Really? i'm going to raise it! don't know too what but,,, i've heard around 4800rpm-5200rpm is the best range to do to,,, ;):D:D

Archived