VTEC Controlers!!! & VTEC Points!!!

knight

yea honestly i tried to raise or even lower the vtec point but didnt really have any power gains, it just felt like the power comes later in higher rev (but no power gain).

maybe it's just my setting not good enough.

if you turn on to vt monitor mode, actually the hi cam profile will change depending on thr pos and rev, it doesnt always engage on 4400rpm. sometimes i see it on 3800, or 4200 or even 4950 ha. weird ecu.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yea honestly i tried to raise or even lower the vtec point but didnt really have any power gains, it just felt like the power comes later in higher rev (but no power gain).

maybe it's just my setting not good enough.

if you turn on to vt monitor mode, actually the hi cam profile will change depending on thr pos and rev, it doesnt always engage on 4400rpm. sometimes i see it on 3800, or 4200 or even 4950 ha. weird ecu.

Interesting!!! :ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek:

VTEC point is pretty safe to adjust, just the AFR's that can mess things up if you get it wrong.

Personally I'd raise VTEC to at least 5k rpm as I couldn't ever see the benefit of it being at 4500 other than to be a phase in for the IABs. Oil pressure should be a little higher at 5k too so should feel stronger!

VTEC point is pretty safe to adjust, just the AFR's that can mess things up if you get it wrong.

Personally I'd raise VTEC to at least 5k rpm as I couldn't ever see the benefit of it being at 4500 other than to be a phase in for the IABs. Oil pressure should be a little higher at 5k too so should feel stronger!

I was thinking of the 5000rpm - 5200rpm! but what about the low cam point is that worth leaving as it is???

back! after a few trials, i tried to raise the vtec point lo>hi to 5500rpm and hi>lo to 5200rpm, And the compensation i set both to -2%.

And I can feel a flat spot between 4500-5500rpm, kinda like a normal vtec kicking in, then at 5800 rpm it's as normal. But i believe it's the a/f map i didnt adjust right. just didn't get it right the car kinda like running too rich when out of new vtec zone. prob the ignition timing and fuel compensation isn't set right.

But if had access to rev limiter actually i do feel like there should be a little bit more to come after 8000rpm.

um... really need a dyno to see what its happening. can't risk my motor to trial & error haha.

Changed my vtec point to 5000rpm and wow what a difference! :o:o vtec sounds completely different hard to explain in words! alot more aggressive sound! but still got alot of playing to do yet!! ;)

Archived