track tyres for mb2 1.4

MBcivicman421

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing the RAF Vally Trackday next month so have had to get some tyres that are up to the job...

I've got myself 4 Toyo T1R's for £145 delivered! Excellent tyres!

Couldn't believe how cheap they are as i'm used to spending £90+ each tyre (Wide 17's) :shock:

Not to sound funny but do you really think you will need full on trackday tyres on a 1.4 road car?

I've only ever known people to run trackday tyres on full on track cars or road cars running 300bhp+ that need the extra grip.

Only my opinion but I think you should save your money and get some T1R's or similar then spend the money you save on some up-rated brakes, suspension etc as these are going to be the things that get hammered on the track!

1"£££$££"!!

Not to sound funny but do you really think you will need full on trackday tyres on a 1.4 road car?

I've only ever known people to run trackday tyres on full on track cars or road cars running 300bhp+ that need the extra grip.

Only my opinion but I think you should save your money and get some T1R's or similar then spend the money you save on some up-rated brakes, suspension etc as these are going to be the things that get hammered on the track!

1"£££$££"!!

If you put like that i don't really need them but :

a) i want to get rid off the original alloys anyway and my rear tyres need changing

B) i intend to do more trackdays after japfest ( i'm already contemplating doing one at cadwell)

c) intend to prep/ lighten the car for racing in the not so distant future

so when you consider all of that imo i'm saving myself time buy buying track day tires now instead after japfest where knowing my luck i'll get pullled for shot tyres and get six points on my licence.

also ccciir33mkjjf to civic5.'

• 4 weeks later...

I've changed my mind, Get track tyres!

I took mine on track on Saturday and managed to decimate my nearly new set of Toyo T1R's...

Now they're all melted :(

Was bloody good fun doing it though :twisted:

just to let people know there is a shortage of track tyres and porfomance tyres at the min i was told by demon tweeks ( they were the cheapest :o ) so i ordered a full set of Toyo R1R because ( £288 ) was going to be 2 this month and two next . they also said they had no 888 left and down to 14 R1R's there made in japan and so are yok's no power at the plants he said could be up to 6months wait

• 5 weeks later...

Archived