knock rear left

KiNK43

developed another knock rear left.

almost sounds like its hitting up against the boot liner.

any ideas where to look?

ArB links are cheapo ones and just over a year old. they look ok but who knows.

thanks for any help.

probably drop links yeah, when i bought my car 12 months ago it had a shiny new drop link on it. i recplaed the other side 6 months ago and it was nice and quiet, for about 3 weeks anyway. so i thought ah well cant be drop links then, had mot last weeek and surprise surprise, the one that looked new 12 months ago was as loose as a you know what

... a goose?

mg zs arb it is then ay. cant be doing with this all the time.

replaced both fronts bout 4 months ago because of knocking.. last week was under car doing service and one had snapped clean in half

sorry for double post, my lad was bashing the keyboard to death as i typed! ha.

he knows more windows shortcuts than me and he only 18 months old!

I did put it down to the car being so low at the front. They do look quite strained. But the bumpy roads dont help, leicester is awful dnt know about any where else.

Mg rears look far superior, but I also remember a friends mb1 had mg style drop links as standard.

Dont know why they decided to change.

My car ain't even lowered but I am running 205 40 17s so there ain't no flex in them sidewalls. not sure that should make a difference really. Yeah potholes are terrible around sutton coldfield Birmingham, I have to pass thru to drop Mrs home so I can blame her anyways. Haha Nah, think it was just a cheap non genuine drop link.

Archived