heater matrix

DAVEMB2

ok its got to be rain water i think here are some pics to help pissing down to day and last night pas side soaked . put it only coming from where i am pointing do you no how the water is getting to here it all feels dry but it drips from the fan as shown .

first pas side window

IMG_0172.jpg

drivers side and it goes all alond botom window but not wet anywhere till the fan

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0181.jpgIMG_0180.jpg

It'll probably be where your air come in the cabin. To get to this, remove the wipers and plastic trims under the wiper arms. On the passenger side, you will see a rectangular opening, this is where the air enters your cabin. You could try to seal the opening around the edge of the opening, but to do this properly, it will involve removing the airbox completely. You can do this without removing the dash, but its a bit of a pig of a job....

It'll probably be where your air come in the cabin. To get to this, remove the wipers and plastic trims under the wiper arms. On the passenger side, you will see a rectangular opening, this is where the air enters your cabin. You could try to seal the opening around the edge of the opening, but to do this properly, it will involve removing the airbox completely. You can do this without removing the dash, but its a bit of a pig of a job....

It could also be a build up of leaves and dirt in the drain holes in the panel you will see when you remove the wipers and the trim . the holes are in the corners . it could be the panel is filling with water and the comming in through the air intake. Rich.

THANKS I WILL TRY THAT THIS WEEKEND IF DO NEED TO REMOVE AIRBOX WHATS BEST WAY WITHOUT TAKING DASH OUT . AND IF ONLY GET PART WAY THREW REMOVEL OR NO TIME TO GET IT ALL BACK CAN STILL DRIVE THE CAR YES OR NO COZ I USE IT FOR WORK EVERY DAY AT MO . STRIPED LOTS OF OTHER BITS DOING MY MB2 BUT NEVER DONE AIR BOX (NOT HAD LEAK BEFORE )

Remove the glovebox and support bar, then get your head under and undo the fixings holding the heater motor to the airbox. Unplug the motor and remove. Then find the fixings that connect the airbox to the bulkhead and undo them, it will be a bit of a pig to remove but is do-able. Yeah, you can use the car, but you will have no heater, so if the windscreen mists up......!!! :shock:

Check what Rich said first, might save you a lot of hassle! ;)

It could also be a build up of leaves and dirt in the drain holes in the panel you will see when you remove the wipers and the trim . the holes are in the corners . it could be the panel is filling with water and the comming in through the air intake. Rich.

Ok a big thanks to all for info touch wood i have stoped leak (i will go out now and it be piss wet lol :lol: ). It seems that it was dirt and a leaf just under the trim so the water would run in and across back on it's self. And by chance drip will more than drip right into the corner of the air intake . Big thumbs up (better not be wet :x ) the drain holes were clear.

Archived