ABS LIGHT ON

annihil8or

• 2 months later...

I am having the same problem atm. instead of starting a new thread, I found this :D so I am posting here.

I noticed the light did not go out after a few seconds after turning the key, fired it up and it's still on.

I did not drive it hard anywhere as I only used it to pick my wife up in town. was ok last night when I got home but it was here today :?:

Can anyone tell me what I should do?? how do I test for faults? and is it safe to drive the car when the light is on?

You could try just unplugging it and plugging it back in, then doing an ecu reset. It could also be the reluctor ring, have a look if its missing any teeth and if it needs a clean.

• 1 month later...

Guys,

My abs light is on and did the paperclip connection and am getting code 18,

Short circuit left hand rear wheel speed sensor it says in the haynes manual? Can this be repaired or have to be replaced. Then how do I clear the fault code?

Cheers

If you are handy with a multimeter then check the resistance across the suspect sensor, you will find the correct resistance (Ohms) spec in the manual in the downloads section!

But to be honest, ive never had a sensor work after cleaning it, its a pretty old school basic system on the 5 door civics, and 99% of the time you will need a new sensor.

Hope this helps. :ugeek:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me with my ABS light fault code- I get 1 long flash followed by 5 short flashes so 15, 15 on the table above means rear right (presumably drivers side) and one of the following:

- Open, Short to power in wheel sensor circuit

- Open circuit in the wheel sensor

- Faulty Modular assembly

I had the caliper replaced on the rear passenger side but the light was on before that any way.

All of that means nothing to me and I don't want to get £500 down the line and find I could have fixed it my self so any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

a while back i had a ABS fault code...swopped the sensor for another and reset the ECU...same light/code again???...then i disconnected the battery for a couple of mins and all was good to go :D

Archived