vtec problems...

b18beans

since the fittin of the new exhaust, decat and manifold, my car has developed problems wit th vtec.

its cutting in an out in the 2nd stage, was wondering if fitting the new system has mebbe caused issues with th amount of vacuum bein made, and in turn not openin the butterflys properly?

just speculatin given i know sfa about th actual workings and how to fix them! :?

anyone had similar problems?

its doin ma dome in :evil:

cheers, beans....

no mate thats for your servo :mrgreen: . if you look at your inlet manifold, on the right you will see a circular object connected with a link underneath it. it will have a black pipe coming out of the top of it, thats the vac pipe. that whole assembly with the link etc controls the butterflys in the manifold

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

no cracked pipes, result!

stuck the same thread up on htuk an the 1st reply was.....

OIL!!

checked it and right enough, it was below min. filled it up and......

WAAAAAAAAAAAAMP, WAAAAAAAAAAAAMP, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMP!!

(nee-naw-nee-naw :P)

fixed! stoked!

does mean, however, my car drinks 1lt of oil a month! this not a little excessive?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

no cracked pipes, result!

stuck the same thread up on htuk an the 1st reply was.....

OIL!!

checked it and right enough, it was below min. filled it up and......

WAAAAAAAAAAAAMP, WAAAAAAAAAAAAMP, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMP!!

(nee-naw-nee-naw :P)

fixed! stoked!

does mean, however, my car drinks 1lt of oil a month! this not a little excessive?

If you have a vtec and it does not burn oil you will be the first . Everyone i know has the top up the oil . you say a litre a month . but you could be doing 100 miles or 1000 miles . so how may miles do you do to your litre of oil .Rich,

Archived