my now red mb3 project starts on page 4 ish

Guest marcus_mb2

i want a badgeless gril, just dont know where to get one from. As for the lip its all getting colour coded soon and im gettin some import size plates made for it when i go to the japshow.

#just make one mate, cut out the plastic and put some mesh in it, i am sure there is a how to on here. stuart

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hi, can you post some pictures how you've mounted the fog lights and how you've wired them (or at least some ideas).

And one advice - HIDs without focusing lenses and on stock headligths (with the fresnel condeser) are really blinding for oncoming vehicles.

30042011794.jpg

This looks really good! I've been wanting to do this for quite a while now!

How did you get the glass of the headlight? i've heard quite some suggestions from the oven to a hair dryer to a paint remove gun...

i put them in the oven but you got to be careful as they melt as you can see on mine on the corner of them. think i may of touched them againsted the side of the oven when taking them out. if your going to do it only put them in for a minute and try and prise, if no luck then another minute should do the trick. i had the oven on full chat so prob what melted them. i might get another set of lights and try again.

good luck with them mate.

Hi, can you post some pictures how you've mounted the fog lights and how you've wired them (or at least some ideas).

And one advice - HIDs without focusing lenses and on stock headligths (with the fresnel condeser) are really blinding for oncoming vehicles.

ive just cut the plastic to fit them, its a bit of a gash job but you canot tell from a distance. as for the wiring just google fog light wiring, im sure you will find something. i just wired them straight to the battery via a switch and a fuse. as for the hid's, i dobut they blind anyone as they are useless. high beam is no higher than dipped and ive not had anybody flash at me yet. i think im gona remove them anyway as they are so dreadfull down not lit up roads at night.

thanx for the tip!

At how many whatts you put it in?

And what did you use to seal them again? Reheat oem kit?

dont know on wattage, just cranked it up nearly full, for the resealing, the glue was still really soft so i just pushed them back on and it did the job. ive had no moisture in them at all and i did them a while ago.

Archived