mb6 Spongey brakes

ryan_vti

To cut a long story short I replaced the rear calipers on my mb6 with refurbished ones. I bled them and to my knowledge I bled them right but they are still spongey. Anyone any experience with these? I'm fairly sure they where bled right. Is this something that might work it's way out?

cheers

You're best / easiest option when you doing a big bleed like when you've changed a caliper is something like an easybleed! Or my loval motorfactors are now selling a no return valve, just put the line on the bleed nipple, plug the 1 way valve on the line, push the pedal, it pushes out fluid, but won't allow anything o go back towards the caliper!

All you got to do is push the pedal, and check the fluid levels!

With the engine off, do the brakes go solid after you pump them?

As I said tho I'm fairly certain the brakes are bled properly and I've done them twice, the brakes go hard with the engine off yes. I have't adjusted the handbrake yet and it takes 10 clicks to hold but holds well. I'm gona adjust it now and see it that helps.

silly Q did you adjust pistons in calipers correctly ?they turn to adjust ?best to do both sides then adjust cable its behind rear ashtray with long extension hope this helps ..

adjusted the handbrake there and it helped a bit but they still don't feel right. They aren't too bad now to be honest, I'm gona take the car a good blast with heavy braking and see if it beds the new pads and calipers in a bit.

It might actually take me to drive another mb6 to compare.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived