water leak near ECU passenger footwell

weetec

i have come across this water leak ..i removed inner plastic guard under wheel and spent half hour with hose pipe running it around windscreen with plastic tray thing around wipers taken off...no drips at all..then noticed water was not coming out as fast as i was hosing it on....low water hose pressure and it trickled down...fast water pressure then a delay then still trickling down draining off...some inside near ECU and some out in wheel arch drain off....then i hit jackpot!!!!!....

just where you can see the sunroof drain off rubber within wheel arch behind s**t guard, i pointed hose-pipe up-wards in this area..it absolutely poured in and around ECU,allthough i was hosing water from the outside.... the water should drain off from windscreen in the corner on the passenger side down next to a hole where you can see airblower fan...in to the wheel arch and down....but because of the crap/muck all leaf/dirt/small twigs builds up and doesnt allow easy passage of water flow.....i basically hosed all this crap out///you can just about get your fingers in there to take away all the crap. its a bit arkward to explain...i figured when manufacturing these vehicles they must of forgot to or couldnt weld in this little area...for gods sake DON'T stick the hose on the sunroof drain ...youll have a very wet interior like i did..

....where bonnet hinge attached to the body...drains off to inner wheel arch....i know this cause of you leaving it under that tree for all that time..all that tree sap acts like wax-oil....practically filed every gap with leaves,twigs... :lol: ill get a pic later.

Archived