can my civic 1.8 vti s b18 engine be remapped?

rydogg

I have been looking into this big time over the lase few weeks as im looking to do a mapped ecu for the mb6 , you have to remove the standard p9k ecu and replace it with any odb1 ecu from a civic 92-95

1992-1995 Civic (P05 | P06 | P08 | P28)

1995 Del Sol VTEC (P30)

1992-1993 Integra GS-R (P61)

1994-1995 Integra GS-R (P72)

1992-1995 Integra RS/LS/GS/SE (PR4 | P75)

And then depending what ecu you have you have to add a 28 pin socket and all little bits on the board to make the chip work and the vtec and the iab's . once than is all done you can then map the car , finishing with burning a chip and fitting it to the ecu .

At the min for the service people on here have had quotes of £900 . im looking to do this for £400

Rich.

Rich,...i understand its not easy mapping etc as its a skilled trade, ...iv had stupid quotes as if their not interested and trying to frighten me away. you need to give us some prices with ECU supplied or send you the ECU and im sure youll be able to prep it, arrange a day to fit and tune..or even by the hour...so long as people know what their paying for.

no one wants to pay £900 for a days work....my local mobile phone repair shop deals with fine soldering bits, its just i dont know what to do. i am ready to pay some one i can trust... if you can do this service for roughly that amount, id be on your list definetly

Archived