my mb6. update 12/1/10 dyno

vti4mark

well after a long talk with a man in the know i might be changing my mind about the turbo and going with Jenvey throttle bodies which with a Emerald ecu should make 220bhp and be alot better on the road both will cost me around the same 2K, £850 for ecu fully mapped with 3 maps for different uses.

got a couple off weeks to make my mind up but the sound off throttle bodies is :twisted:

thanks mark

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks good, I'm jealous.

Rich's Hondata S300 would plug in and be running in minutes (that can do ITBs too) but if your tuner likes Emerald, cool.

thats the main reason i will be going emerald as he will be looking after and tuning it so i want to get something he knows inside out.

thanks mark

EDIT: Ignore the below, I thought you were in Kent for some reason. I look forward to your updates anyway :mrgreen:

Looks good, I'm jealous.

Rich's Hondata S300 would plug in and be running in minutes (that can do ITBs too) but if your tuner likes Emerald, cool.

thats the main reason i will be going emerald as he will be looking after and tuning it so i want to get something he knows inside out.

thanks mark

I appreciate that but some ecu's need a specific brand of sensors; temp sensors, cam sensors, crank triggers etc. Then some need a custom harness.

With the S300 you just upload the P72 tune and it should start right up :mrgreen:

I'm curious to see how it works with the emerald anyway, plus if you're getting a good deal on the whole build thats a bonus.

FYI

CPL racing is in Kent

3rd car down they tuned a civic Jordan on Hondata with ITB's and Toda cams, they sell ITBs and other stuff aswell.

http://www.cplracing.co.uk/index.php?id=20

Archived