white eg5 esi b18c4

jonnyricer

hi guys and girls after a brief spell with an accord type r i part ex d a very clean l reg eg esi with 73k miles and 10 months mot 2 months tax,so rolled in it for a little was goaan sell it on so sold some max power bits off it ,

but i had a thought hold up i got a breaking mb6 vti here so had a word with some peeps about fitting the b18 into the eg i got the thumbs up all bolts in just need to remap the eg s ecu(p28) but i got a p72 i got off gav ek4 will that fit i asked and the reply was yepity yep!al,l the bonnet plugs are all the same which is great!!

now she s off the road the d16z6 out along with drive shafts pumps etc

out came the b18 from the vti split the gear box from the engine fitted light weight fly wheel checked the clutch as was near mint so through all back together

and dropped the b18 into the eg bay all bolted in just needed to use the vti mounts and all is good

swapped power steering pipe from pipe to rack

fitted ns drive shaft ( waiting on inner drive cup from mr green as i sold the original drive shafts to kiddy at work before i was thinking of doing any swap)bought some sh ones but kiddy forgot the os inner drive cup thinking it was part of the gear box

modified rear engine mount to make it a little lighter

connect earths

throttle body coolant bypass

plugged in p72 ecu

replaced clutch pipe cos the other snapped

so at the mo the car is on axell stands with the engine in im just doing little bits here and ther but not as started it about 2 weeks ago

things to do:

swap over gear linkage( i got poly bushed ones to go on)

bolt check

os drive shaft

fill with anti freeze

replace oil and filter

refill g box oil

make up new cat back exhaust

fit rear anti roll bar

fit air filter inv alloy ram pipe thingy

mods to do:

35 mm lowering springs

type r front lip

looking at 15x7 xxr 002 s in red

fit bonnet spacers

maybe cold air duct or two

loose some more wieght

etc

so thats how it stands at the mo but im aiming for 180hp in the light 1000kg eg should be fun!

ill try and get some pics up soon wink wink nick

cheers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a right laff mate, no probs with pics will give you a shout later, and if you need an extra pair of hands for any of this just give me a call, be happy to help :D

1"£££$££"!

• 3 weeks later...

Right guysjust got a new set of wheels some Caliber bombs in 7x15 s in red with polished lip

Gear linkage on

Front shocks removed ready for lowering springs

A little more weight taken out he he

That's it for the mo as been manic!

More this week yipee

Archived