Complete bushing set?

Cynabal

Is there anywhere I can buy a complete bushing set for my VTi-S, I've seen complete kits for EK4's but not sure if they fit MB6. I'm after something that will include track rod end boots, front and rear ARB bushes, control arm bushes etc... does anyone know of a full kit you can buy? basically want to replace every bushing on the car, so I know where I stand.

i have been in contact with h-tune and they asked energy what is the correct poly suspension kit for the m civic and they say its this one http://h-tune.co.uk/store/index.php?rou ... uct_id=310
If its wrong, (Which is shouldn't be, as Energy know what they are talking about) I can do you a refund. But only if the bags are unopened. (So its re-sellable basically)
:)

never heard or seen a kit with rubber boots though

my car makes loud knocking noises when doing roundabouts lol, and steering snatches to left under mild acceleration.

so my plan is replace bushes/track rod ends new set of tyres hoping snatching its nothing to to with knackard diff.

If you still want to replace bushings, careful that most bushing kits are referred to as 96-00 civic kits - these are for EKs & are not a perfect match for the MBs, although a bit of modding/keeping & cleaning metal parts from the old bushings they can be made to fit. I've heard that the Energy poly bush kit goes on with only a few hitches. A Polish company called Strongflex do a complete poly bushing set specifically for the MB6/MC2 @about £250 which is a straight fit, I've got those fitted at the moment but I'm not massively impressed - they seem to have loosened after less than 10k. I'll be going for hardened rubber bushings next from Hardrace. You'd need the Integra GSR LS (non type-r) kit which delivered is about £200 plus import duty (not that much really). As for track rod end boots, I only know of energy that make those, but they are just uprated dust covers - you won't see any performance improvement.

• 11 months later...

Hi, seems some time since someone has posted on this topic.

My car has recently developed a knocking noise when going around corners. I have had a look and cant see any obviously worn bushes, but decided to go for a full poly bush kit. (Recently new tires and drive shafts fitted.)

As mentioned by DidjeriDave, Energy Suspension seem to do a full poly bush kit, but nothing specific for MB. How much hassle is it to fit the Civic 96-00 kit to the MB?

Has anyone done this? What are the results?

Thanks

EG kits are a better match to the MB. EK's use a different upper front wishbone so those bushings will be wasted. The ARB sizes may also be out on any non specific kit; best bet is to sell on the bits that don't match. There are kits out there for the Rover 400/45/ZS that may be a better match.

Archived