ZOOMS VTI- S

zoomvti

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As you can tell I'm very slow with my project so..........up until now I've only been doing maintenance to keep the car running sweet, it's only just hit 78k so it's still good to go.......

I had a go at doing a lighting upgrade......brighter dials.......I did that AND replaced all the bulbs with LED ones, then managed to blow a fuse, so had to replace the fuse and the bulbs to more conventional ones.

I have replaced the dated Pioneer headunit with a 7inch Kenwood single din motorised unit......which allows me to use the ipod and loads of other stuff i.e bluetooth, tv tuner, rear facing camera.....The reason I opted for this unit was because it has a USB/Ipod connection at the back of the unit so it can directed and hidden away in the glovebox......Almost all new Pioneer/ Alpine have a front facing USB/ Ipod and I don't like the fact that it makes the car look messy with wires and stuff.

I am currently having a box made to house 4x 8 inche Harman Kardon (Range Rover) sub woofers.....the lady doing is taking her time as I asked her to use black PVC to cover the boxes to match the rest of my boot.

As I mentioned I have taken the boring carpet out of the boot and replaced with black pvc......the reason I did this was because my brother once spilled milk in his car and made it stink like s**t because the smell wouldn't go, so I thought if I have a wipe clean surface and ever spill anything it will be a lot easier to clean.

I'll get pictures up very soon.

the wipe clean stuff sounds like a good idea! and i like the way your subs are positioned in your boot still looks like you have got loads of room! good work :)

Archived