Dash, Sidelight, Rear Sidelights not working???

djbaybeeraver23

hi guys,

noticed my oil temp gauge wasnt displaying the correct readout so i reconnected it where it should of been.. this runs of the 12v stearo so it turns off when the ignition is off and wired into the foglight switch in the dash.. i also have the EL plasmaglow dial kit in there wired onto "piggybacked" on the foglight switch aswell.. now i had a blown fuse but not sure if this was before or after i replacedd everything.. but this fuse was a 10A, i put in a 20A..

so now i have NO DASH LIGHT, NO SIDELIGHT, NO REAR SIDLEIGHT when i switch to sidleights... however i have Headlight (xenon) but no rear lights? could this be the fact the "fog" light switch has blown which caused the fuse to trip or have i got a big issue / problem / headache coming up with the electrical system?. have checked and re-checked my wiring and all is okay and re-wrapped where needed.. i need help asap.. will try replacing the fog switch to see if thats the case.. but have a feeling it might not be..

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ssound like to me you are trying to run to much stuff off the fog switch. Check all fuses sounds like you have blown it again. Could even be a bigger fuse under the bonnet

no i have been unable to as its now dark and being a sunday nothing open.. so i am going to try replacing the switch tomorrow.. but the fuse i replaced was a red 10A.. think it was above 10-11?. if you know ahyweher i can get a fuse box schematic for the under the wheel it would be much appreciated so i know what fuses are what... just odd that although i still have reverse and brake lights.. i dont have a single running light when switched onto sidelights or main lights.. and fog light wont stay on so i am thinking the switch has blown?

i have had to take the motor to Honda, it will be going in tomorrow.. the thing that worries me is at £90(inc VAt for labour) how long is it going to take for them to find the error!. i have had a my normal garage look at it but they cannot seem to find the fault.. think it could be the wiring which honda said they will trace this through the whole car to find the fault.. now i am no made of money but it sounds like this could take a little longer than anticipated.. have even replaced the fuse with a new 10A and also tried swapping the switch over...

so tomorrow morning i have the pleasure of a Honda Courtesy car for £10.00.. (me reckons its going to be a JAZZ.. :shock:) wouldnt mind one of them CRX things to pootle around in until its done.. so once they have investigated i should no more.. however i have noticed from the back of the fuse box a purple and yellow wire which is hanging in the footwell.. anyone have any ideas what this might be? could this be the problem.. as i have NO idea where this wire goes or has come from..