de-cats

VTISmichael

oh i will but i have a sort of a problem too, i measured my current sports cat and its 430mm long and all the de-cats i can find are 410mm or either 415mm long soo some bodging will be needed. i think the last owner put a import system on it...

id rather not mess about with the system, even tho its an import its quite well made, im watching a de-cat on ebay atm and with a bit of moddin it will fit but just wanted to if anyone knew if the bulgy one actually improved power..

what the bulge'd de-cat might be for is, the MOT test, http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8973&p=95686#p95686, a load of new failure's came in on the 01/01/12 and some more in spring.

.New RfR where a catalytic converters are not fitted to vehicles subject to a full cat test. if it came from the factory with a cat it need's one for mot, doesn't matter if it passes the cat test or not

i think the idea of the bulge, is to fool the tester in to thinking that the cat is present, and that it is not a de-cat.

i see what u mean about the cat but simple fact is even tho it does look like it could be a cat it wont pass the emissons test and like my previous cars i wouldnt even bother trying to get it thru with it on, it is quiet and nice but i miss having some sound out the back not that the vtec isnt enough, i just want some lower end pleasure out of it when i pull away.

But all the sellers say it gives 10-15bhp and even well known makes say that so there must something to it..