Tracking please help this is doing my head in?

Guest jimbob738

I had tracking set for 2nd time at ETS yestarday this is definately not my forte, it was set to 0.01mm all round and the laser guided system was spot on wheel was locked straight and the track rods are both brand spanking new, now even though i have matching toyos all round at correct tyres pressures and all seems well when driving the wheel has to be at about 5 to for the car to drive in a straight line its baffling me whats the best solution?

my dad said take the steering wheel off move it round a few teeth get it straightend up but to me if the trackings right the wheel should be i really cant understand this? :?

one spline on wheel? :shock: or small EVEN adjusments on both trackrods

suggest another trip back if you have paid already :(

:idea: are your tyres new they are a fooker if not camber tyre wear ect swap front to back >

I am going to meet up with my Dad on Thurday he said he can sort it so will let him have ago he was a mobile mechanic for 25 years he said sounds like they have tracked it up to the passanger side too much so he said small adjustment should sort it out?

fun and games ETS are good dont get me wrong but they just do what the machines say not all cars are generic metal boxes with wheels.

As Noodels said, you can solve it by adjusting EXACTLY the same amount/rotations out on the drivers side and in on the NS until the steering wheel is straight. This shouldn't put the tracking out but they really should set the tracking with the steering wheel straight; pretty poor show IMO.

I dont know i watched them lock the wheel in place and watched them use the laser equipment set it at 0.01mm both side but steering wheel being a mofo im stuck with this one not happy atall might go to ETS alfreton instead of ripley see what they can do.