Vent lever

Devilfish

Ok, this might sound like a really stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer or figure it out myself....

On the centre vents on the dash, there is a switch/lever which has a blue or white position.......WTF does it do? I've tried it with pretty much every combo of heating setting and as far as I can tell, all it does is show a blue or white icon.....

its more noticable if your motorway driving, i wondered this myself, however if you have it on "white" with no heating on and temp dial is in red not blue, then you will have warm air feeding through from the vents, however switch to "BLUE" and you will have cool air coming in.. thats what i have noticed with windows closed and no air con, its a cheap way of allowing cool air into the car without having windows open,

next time your on a long distance try and see if i am not just thinking this..

its more noticable if your motorway driving, i wondered this myself, however if you have it on "white" with no heating on and temp dial is in red not blue, then you will have warm air feeding through from the vents, however switch to "BLUE" and you will have cool air coming in.. thats what i have noticed with windows closed and no air con, its a cheap way of allowing cool air into the car without having windows open,

next time your on a long distance try and see if i am not just thinking this..

No your right there!!! Very true! ;)

I wondered this as well, but thought it was more to do with the air con.

If i put the air-con on, with that lever in 'white' it doesnt seem that the air-con cool air gets through as well as when i put the lever in 'blue'