Questioning strut braces and camber kits

Devilfish

Ok, I see a lot of people putting strut braces on and seen talk of camber kits for use when lowering......

My question is this....The MB and all Civics of that era have double wishbone front suspension. Do they even need these things? After all, there are, technically, no struts (altho I'll give you that the upper arms are located close to the shock tops). The point of double w/b suspension is to keep the wheel upright no matter what the suspension is doing, is it not? I.e., under load and hard cornering. So does this not negate the need for camber correction kits?

Just a question. I don't want it to degenerate into a heated argument or anything. I know on my Manta that these items aren't needed, so I was just wondering why they are so prevalent on the Honda?

Yes...I know they look good....... :D

Strut braces stiffen the chassis as a whole and stop flex and body roll, the adjustable camber kits are used when you have lowered the car which changes it's natural camber.

Strut braces stiffen the chassis as a whole and stop flex and body roll, the adjustable camber kits are used when you have lowered the car which changes it's natural camber.

But that's what I don't understand. Double wishbone suspension isn't supposed to change the camber as it rises and falls. That's the whole point...The arms are parallel and so as the wheel goes up and down it keeps the wheel at the correct camber to the road.

Hmmmm interesting, I never thought about that, when I do get round to sorting my suspension properly (coilovers) I'll have to get the tracking looked at and see if the camber is out or not but when I had my EK4 it was miles out after lowering, I guess the double w/b will hold it where it is but not correct it if that makes sense?

Hmmmm interesting, I never thought about that, when I do get round to sorting my suspension properly (coilovers) I'll have to get the tracking looked at and see if the camber is out or not but when I had my EK4 it was miles out after lowering, I guess the double w/b will hold it where it is but not correct it if that makes sense?

Sort of.