camber

vti4mark

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but have to disagree. Mines is lowered front = 35mm and rear 60mm and had the tracking done (4 wheel laser alignment) and the geometry is within spec and i get no uneven wear on the tyres.

Those getting uneven wear on a 35/40mm drop need to get proper alignment done. With regards to Camber kits - good investment as long as you get the buddyclub kit as the others especially the skunk2 ones are poo.

With regards to dropping the profile to 50 will push the speedo out by quite abit and will undo all the work you did by lowering the car. For example you lower the car 40mm all round. So now lets say your front arch gap is 10mm and rear 15mm using 195/55/15 tyres. By switching to 50 profile the front gap will increase to 30mm and the rear 35mm.

IMO best change to 16" wheels with 205/45 tyres that way you are close to std spec in terms of the diameter of the tyres. Link below is an example of what a car lowered by 35mm using springs/shocks would look like using 50 profile tyres.

Click Me

IMO the above looks horrible as you have just reintroduced a large tyre to arch gap which beggers the question, why lower the car in the 1st place?

DSC_0246.jpg

here is some camber mate! left one is mine and its got a little( well alot :lol: ) and the other is standard with 45 profile. jus to let you see the camber and tyres sizes. oo and mine is 55 profile ;)

DSC_0242.jpg

this is a little bit of a better pic of the low profile on my cuzz's car.

and dave he still has it :D

Id had the wheel alignment done 4month prior to lowering it(35mm).Just had the tracking looked at,garage said that was fine.The front of the car sits alot lower than the rear when lowered.But i thought this was general with the mb6 to do this as mine did prior to lowering.So would of thought that would be the camber.Was going to swap the rear to 40-45mm and see if this sorted the prob.

Archived